FJ45 LV wiper arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to get an accurate picture of a 66 or 67 FJ45 LPB vs an LV wiper arm…

Thanks for the help.
Mark

Im 99% sure these are stock arms for a 67 LV wagon. I can get a better picture tomorrow.

Thought you might like other photo so i threw it in.
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 6.20.46 PM.png
IMG_0636.jpeg

Thanks for the photos Antony, anytime time you can get a vintage FJ45 and an airplane in the shot…..that’s awesome. Love the red and white on the LV. My favorite color combo by far on an
LV.

A close up of the blades when you get a chance would ge great.

Regards
Mark

To share as much info with the group as possible, the LV has a single motor, linkage type wiper system vs. the 45 pickup which has 2 independent motors. Linkage pic attached (without motor). I compare the wiper shaft diameter of the LV with a 45 motor and the LV is a larger diameter shaft. Lastly, I happen to have 1 wiper arm that is like the @tahoe40/45 picture, the wiper attachment point closeup picture attached (same as 45 pickup arm).

72463620240__328AA1C4-19F4-49C7-8330-6B77F631D010.jpeg

72463684964__5EDC4F86-C486-43D1-A7C6-9D0ED5510E6D.jpeg

72469865991__3B7F5986-433B-498C-B3EC-7320D2789C64.jpeg

Are those TNK arms?

Paul, they are. From what I can tell so far is the LV arm is definitely different But looks like it shares the same end where the wiper goes with the early TNK wiper arms like these Off of my 66 FJ45 LPB.

IMG_9990.jpeg

Thank Antony, just what I needed.

Interesting how things like this cross over between rig models, and even manufacturers. Years ago I needed another TNK side-bolt wiper arm for my ‘65 40, and they had already become hens teeth. SOR sold an arm that looked exactly like the one Antony showed above, with the bolt underneath the arm. They weren’t TNK branded but looked and felt everything like the TNKs. I’ll have to look at it when I get a chance to see if I can find a brand. Unfortunately they haven’t carried them for some time.

Some of 65/66 wiper arms I have on the rigs are exactly the same but some have no TNK markings and are clearly made by the same company. The big problem with these wiper arms are loosing of one of the intricate hold down bolt and tiny lock washers 😀 or just not being able to find them..

Here’s the SOR one I mentioned, and the TNK one. I forgot what a pain it is to get the SOR ones on/off a 40 with wipers at the top because of the bigger arm at the base 😂.
IMG_4659.JPG
IMG_4660.JPG

That’s tight…

I have the arm pulled away from the glass to show the bolt, there’s plenty of room for it to operate. Just a pain to remove - you actually have to undo the motor from the frame and move it inside a bit to get clearance to put it on or remove it.

Ok I’m done hacking your thread Mark 😂.

I found some speedway arms/blades i'm hoping to use for the 45 pickup. still need to add wipers to one of the 45's. on my to do next year list. i can find the pn's if needed. also hoping to use the speedway wiper motors (2 separate motors) on the 45 with a stock wiper motor cover. they clamp on the motor. I used some napa arms on the other 45 that seem to work. Not like the wipers are strong on these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom