Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry about the whitegauges web site address. It is actually Whitegauges.net That should work a little better! :doh:

Heading to the muffler shop. For those who know him that is Roma strapping the 45 down and the oil slick in the trailer is from a FJ62 he drug home last night, not my 45! :santa:

Heading to the muffler shop.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures of the Choke cable I'm using for a fuel shut off, the glow switch and indicator and the snorkel/air box plumbing.

Glow Switch 1.jpg Glow Switch 2.jpg Shut off 4.jpg Snorkel 3.jpg

On news year day I drove to the Nashville area to pick up a LHD cowl, hood and heater. What a great way to start the new year!!! All of the parts fit in the back of my 2010 Honda Element. It's a good vehicle for parts running.

Parts run.jpg

In time Brett you will get there. Just keep fixing a little bit at a time and it will come together before you know it!

Very nice find!

Thought you would like it

I found a new windshield washer pump. These seem to be hard to find and expensive when you do. I think these will also work for FJ60's as well. I ordered it from Rockauto.com. It was $23.00 shipped.

Washer pump 1.jpg
Washer pump 2.jpg

Looks good. Let us know how that windshield washer pump fits and any adjustments needed.

I will Bear. Spent the last 2 days swapping my 3:70 gear set into the rear axle and helping a fellow Cruiser head try to start his rebuilt 2F. BTW I just posted my 12v EDIC for trade in the JDM/Diesel section of the classifieds. I would like to trade it for an HJ45 TACH if anyone has one.

The 3:70 gears are in and I'm not too keen on them right now. With the 4:10's I could scream to 70 MPH and had to watch out that I didn't hit 80.
But now it's tough to hit 70 and maintaining it is a struggle. This is on level ground! When I start up a hill (here in N. AL they call it a mountain) I can't make it up the hill without shifting down to 3rd, even then I'm not keeping up with traffic. I'm sure this is mostly because my 2H is NA. But I'm not ready to tackle a turbo up grade at this time. So I will eventually put the 4:10's back in I think.

Looks good. Let us know how that windshield washer pump fits and any adjustments needed.

Bear it installed just like it was original! No adjusting or tweaking required.

I have been busy buying more parts. I finally found the windshield frame and doors I needed. I got a little crazy on the doors, but in the long run they will be a good investment. I'm about ready to start the tear down and rebuild.

NOS left door 1.jpg NOS left door 2.jpg NOS right door 1.jpg NOS right door 2.jpg

That's interesting on what you said about the 3:70 install. I am about to buy a set of axles with 3:70 for my 82-45 that have 4:11 right now.
So you just lose momentum when you start up a hill and shift into 3rd. Does it start to bog down. I am only asking cause I have hear of this before and would hate to experience the same with my 2F. I can only do 60 maybe 65 pushing it with the 4:11.
Thanks for the info on the washer. Look forward to seeing the change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom