Lseats - What's the Deal?? Very Disappointing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LSeat order has arrived. Ordered the standard bisque color/bisque thread. About three weeks and a bit, from order to my door. Initial impression is they look nice. Grain is not overdone, like the Land Cruiser Heaven covers, and they come in a nice vacuum sealed pack. Time to pull my seats, will post updates on the install.

Installed mine a couple weeks ago. Came out decent. I steamed the old foam to get it soft and fluffed up again. After I did the passenger seat I realized there was not enough life in the factory foam, so I bought some 1" thick foam from Hobby Lobby and added a layer of foam to most of the drivers seat in addition to steaming the factory foam. The driver seat came out way nicer. I may go back at some point and add foam to the passenger seat.

The leather is definitely not as nice as the factory leather. But at the price point it's a great deal and much better than worn out stock seats.

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

The leather is definitely not as nice as the factory leather.

That is not saying much! I feel like the Toyota/Lexus leather is barely leather. I have an '02 BMW and the leather in that is wearing much better...

You guys really need to condition your leather several times a year.
Leather requires proper maintence to last a long time.

A quick update.

I have officially ordered my new seat leather. Let's see if I don't have something in the 4 week time frame. Color swatches from Lseat never arrived, but a fellow contributor / reader forwarded his color swatch samples to me.

If there is anyone else out there in the same predicament, just let me know. I will pay it forward and send you the swatches that were sent to me. Just pm me please, and remember that I only have 1 set so first come, first served.

Just fyi, a 2002 LX470 with what I call "Tan" matches with Lseat's "Bisque" according to the swatches.

Thanks everyone!

Just fyi, a 2002 LX470 with what I call "Tan" matches with Lseat's "Bisque" according to the swatches.

^^^^^^ That is my understanding from having read previous posts. 'Bisque' is the color that most closely matches the interior leather of an LX470 which they (Lexus) designate as 'Ivory'.

^^^^^^ That is my understanding from having read previous posts. 'Bisque' is the color that most closely matches the interior leather of an LX470 which they (Lexus) designate as 'Ivory'.
Yup. The photos I posted above are "bisque"

regarding the bisque...I'm literally about to click the order button on this color, but I have a 99 land cruiser. should I stick with bisque or is there another color that is better for the lc version

regarding the bisque...I'm literally about to click the order button on this color, but I have a 99 land cruiser. should I stick with bisque or is there another color that is better for the lc version

Not sure, but I think they are the same.
My friend has a '99 LC w/ about twice the miles as my '99 LX. I think when they were new I could imagine the interior being the same color...

haha yeah that's what I'm thinking. all the new seat leathers I see are pretty light color. mine are much darker from 20 years of dirt, dyes and dead skin.

For real ? There are no quality vendors to get seat covers from?!?

I was very pleased with the seat covers I got from SheerComfort. Got them in leather and they fit like a glove and the color match was almost dead on. People that jump in my ride think they are new seats.

The armrest covers are not awesome but do their job. The headrest covers they originally sent me were too big but replaced them at no cost.

Cost was $391 shipped to my door with is reasonable for good quality, Made in USA, leather seat covers that fit and look like OEM. Let me know if you want pictures of before and after.

I was very pleased with the seat covers I got from SheerComfort. Got them in leather and they fit like a glove and the color match was almost dead on. People that jump in my ride think they are new seats.

The armrest covers are not awesome but do their job. The headrest covers they originally sent me were too big but replaced them at no cost.

Cost was $391 shipped to my door with is reasonable for good quality, Made in USA, leather seat covers that fit and look like OEM. Let me know if you want pictures of before and after.

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures! How long did they take to get delivered? Thanks!

Umm, yes please!

Yes, pics please. Thanks...

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks from our LSeat order.

Haven't heard from them nor received shipping confirmation - but I don't care as I had a package at my door today from them.

Haven't opened the package yet (probably today/tomorrow) and won't get them installed for a couple weeks+.

I ordered Lseat covers (Bisque/Bisque) for my lx470 on 4/15 and recieved them on 4/25 which was much faster than expected. I actually got an email on 4/27 saying they were just shipped (After i already had them) and the shipping label said shipped on 5/1 so i'm not sure what all happened but I don't really care since I got them way sooner. Anyway, they look great but my installer said only some parts are real leather and some parts are synthetic. From what i can tell most of the seat is synthetic but some of the smaller parts like the armrests are real leather. My installer said in his opinion the price is still a really good deal for the quality I got even if some of it is synthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom