little orphan annie (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looking good :)
9588.jpeg

Who took that out-of-focus pic?...:doh:

Take two. .
20170915_115657.jpg

She steals the show from the newer Land Cruisers. btw-always loved the FST "safety" strap across the door. absurd. bizarre. but cool

Annie escaped this morning she was last seen running westbound down the sidewalk in front of the museum and hopping a greyhound tundra
View attachment 1538478

"Great Escape" for sure, before getting too close & personal with more experienced "58 & 59" in their infamous "Baywatch" outfits.

I took more pics of Annie on the street in front of the museum than I did of all of Miller's trucks inside! What a pleasant surprise to turn the corner and see her sitting there; made my day. I did feel a little paparazzi-esque though, given her celebrity... :grinpimp:

With the exception of the one driven by the "plucky TV actress" all four of the other 40s you posted today appear to have the curved-end front bumper, a feature leftover from FJ25s not seen on 1963s. I am by no means an authority, to painfully state the obvious, but I have only seen one 1962 FJ40 with a FJ25 front bumper and that 40 was at the very beginning of the known 1962 vin-range. All 1961 FJ40s I believe would have had the FJ25 front bumper as one of their distinguishing features, unlike 1962s which predominantly had the typical FJ40 front bumper seen on the actresse's ride. I believe.

Could C.E. Hershey's truck be Annie? If only it had square wheel wells, a tire on the back, and the right rims! That one is a 25 for sure...

owners.jpg

Mmm bacon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom