little orphan annie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

most of the bows were modified from a later fj40 set. the fronts i bent up using a cheap bender (can't remember the name, but they were advertised on here. it's pretty crappy and while the rep i talked to before i bought it said it would do the larger tube of the fj40 bows and the small square stock that i would need for the doors, it won't, so now that i've got a template, i'm going to farm the bows out to a pro.

she still seems happy to "cruise at 80mph all day long" (or evening in this case.View attachment 929012
today on the way to work, i fired up the gps speed program on my phone and determined at 40mph, i'm actually going 30, at 60 i'm going 45 and at 80 i'm doing 60.

white wheels are gone...freshly powdercoated black early rims in their place with the appropriate hubcaps on the rear and spare. need to find two open ones for the fronts
DSC00637.JPG
DSC00632.JPG

white wheels are gone...freshly powdercoated black early rims in their place with the appropriate hubcaps on the rear and spare. need to find two open ones for the frontsView attachment 1095635 View attachment 1095637

Only hubs caps I bought from Mike were a couple with holes. Those seem to be the hardest to find. All my other ones look like a PO used tin snips. Didn't SOR end up with some of Mike's reproduced hub caps? Might be one of those things you just bite the bullet and paid SOR prices including their shipping and handling.

no way am i paying the outrageous prices sor charges on caps. i want a set, but not that bad.

I remember seeing them on their site but never checked how much they were charging. Ouch. Guess that explains why they still have them. As far as I know only the one batch was made, so is SOR now having more made? If I hadn't gotten a couple from Mike I would have made do with what I have.

Great thread! Especially enjoyed the stuff on the carb. Playing with a big window '63 aisan at the moment.

What a beautiful vehicle- thanks for all the great info!

thanks. it's been a blast. kind of on hold now while i deal with a couple of other projects and try to find a fab shop for bows and door frames.

so for now, i'm forced to just drive her :)

found the ever popular brake fluid leak, so i pulled it tonight, honed and painted. tomorrow i'll assemble and bleed.
20160216_170348_resized.jpg
20160222_182329_resized.jpg

Looks like you kept the original "tin cup" reservoir? Did you find a kit with internals to refurbish after honing?

I love this thread- what a great cruiser Annie is!

Looks like you kept the original "tin cup" reservoir? Did you find a kit with internals to refurbish after honing?

I love this thread- what a great cruiser Annie is!
Thanks.

i think i've got a couple of kits in my stash, but kurt probably carries them

my last oem kit. but, final cleaning done, rebuilt, installed. just need to pump the master a couple times, hook up the line and bleed the system . new phone takes really bitchin photos. the cylinder is much smoother than it looks
1 (1).jpg
1 (3).jpg
1 (2).jpg

Looking good! Brake fluid in your floorboard is never a welcoming sight. X's 2 on a great cruiser and great build!!

Just read the whole thread! Awesome truck and build. Especially liked the snow drive video. :D
I do have a request for you...

Can you take some pics of the wiring between the generator and regulator? I found one pic early in this thread showing the generator wiring end but really need to see the routing of the sub harness and the attachment to the regulator. I have a MUD member asking if I could build them a new generator harness as theirs went missing during his tear down...
You can post them here or email them to fj40coolerman at gmail dot com

Thanks!

crap, gonna have to see if my harness has been repaired at some point
20160325_182054.jpg
20160325_182124.jpg
20160325_182927.jpg
20160325_182946.jpg
20160325_183029.jpg

no clue why the wire is black at the generator. cant' be repaired in, as the tape on the harness is tight and it still has the parts tag taped to it (although the print appears long gone). spray paint i guess
entire path of the harness
20160325_184951.jpg
20160325_184929.jpg
20160325_184919.jpg
20160325_184936.jpg
20160325_184942.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom