JT outfitter Weber Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We may take a second look at the Webers , especially because of the new dual stage 38/38. If we can figure out how to baffle it's float bowl, that'll be a home run.But in the mean time you certainly owe it to yourself to check out the Holley 350 with off-road upgrades.

If you search, you will find most everyone agrees a stock aisan that's been rebuilt it better, but if you want a 38, i know a few who've run them and say they are just fine. you can do better with the vendor though. jto does not have the best reputation, and most everyone that sells cruiser parts can get you the webers.

I have a '78 fj40 with a 2f that has a weber carb on it( was on it when I bought it). Wish it had the original carb back on. It is a glutton for the fuel at least to get some of the preformance of the aisan. Original owner had a Holley on it before he replaced it with the weber... claimed holley was junk. Rebuild original carb!

That looks different than the 38/38 I have on mine. If you have an otherwise stock truck with a carb that needs a rebuild, I would go that way. The stock carb I had on my 77 long ago was certainly better on extreme angles. But i've been very happy in general with the 38/38 on my desmogged 79. With the weber, a downey header, and a mallory mechanical advance distributor my 79 feels far stronger than my stock 78 did. I've got 33's on mine and seem to average around 12-14 mpg with it. I've bought a few small things from JTO and haven't had a problem, but i've heard some real horror stories.

I have one on my 2f that works well. I had all sorts of carb issues with my stock one and it seemed like the thing to do because this one worked right out of the box. What I don't like is the electric choke.

I've got the 38/38 on my '76 2F with downey headers and it works great at almost all angles. I dont know how many mpg I get, but its a Cruiser so no matter what you do you aren't gonna get too far on just one tank!! I did change out the electric choke for a manual one though and I like that much better! FWIW, I bought mine through JTO several years ago and never had any issues with them as others have claimed. Knock-on-wood!

Yeah mine was purchased through JT Outfitters, beside it taking 2 weeks to get here, no problems. I did have a hard time purchasing my slave and master clutch kit from them. Took 4 weeks and I couldn't get a hold of them for the longest.

Carburetor discussion on this forum is like a dog chasing its tail......and any dealings with JTO is a (HIT&MISS) proposition........

Carburetor discussion on this forum is like a dog chasing its tail......and any dealings with JTO is a (HIT&MISS) proposition........

Ain't it though :lol: You got the purists (aisin folk) tellin you it's the best since sliced bread :rolleyes: And the Weber folk (like me) who luv my 38 & would NEVER go back to stock :D

Ain't it though :lol: You got the purists (aisin folk) tellin you it's the best since sliced bread :rolleyes: And the Weber folk (like me) who luv my 38 & would NEVER go back to stock :D

How about a Weber guy who praised it them in the past and has since switched to Aisin but planning on going TBI. lol

i have a weber 38 on my rig...when i was running around with a high miles engine 438,000 so when i put it on it was at about 330,000 miles...i had to jet it way down...too much for the low horsepower f+1/2 .

I have since put the old (original) jets back in since going with a 60,000 mile engine.

the weber is very easy to take apart and clean...had to do it twice in that 100,000 mile time frame...and one time i didnt have to ...turned out to be a kinked fuel line.

It is a PITA to get the set-up right to start out...but runs quite nice.

My old stock carb i should have just rebuilt...would have been alot easyer...but at the time we had no idea about MUD and couldnt just access information like now.

and Toyota dealer said they couldnt get a rebuild kit and the few places that i asked seemed to not have a clue what i was talking about...so to leave my carb there to be fixed? yeah right.

the weber is a great replacement for british cars...the old SU carbs are always out of tune and always in need of repair...i used to work on british leyland cars...we just put a weber on...alot eaisyer...

but for a cruiser...just rebuilt the stock carb...

my 2c....coming from a weber owner :)

I am VERY happy with my Aisin rebuilt and mod'd by Mark - Marks Off Road Home Page

Great guy, just be patient and you will not be sorry. I also picked up an adjustable dizzy from Mark and the combo has been great and really simple to work on if need be.

JT Outfitters Weber Carb

Im new to the forum but i just bought a Weber carb from JT Outfitters. They were easy to talk to, answered the phone, and the part was shipped and to me in around 10 days. I am now ordering the JT Outfitters Front Disc Conv. kit and have heard great feedback as well. Ill post as soon as get it.

Im new to the forum but i just bought a Weber carb from JT Outfitters. They were easy to talk to, answered the phone, and the part was shipped and to me in around 10 days. I am now ordering the JT Outfitters Front Disc Conv. kit and have heard great feedback as well. Ill post as soon as get it.

Welcome to Mud. How does the new carb work and what jets did it ship with? You could have done a stock disc brake conversion for probably cheaper than what the inferior kit they sell goes for.

I am ordering a new Weber 38 direct. Does anyone know if I need a new peddle and linkage? Do I also need a adapter to keep my original air flter?

Thanks!

i bought one a few years back from JTO, everything went smooth other than their pedal they offer. tried to make it work, but was never successful. ended up using the original pedal with their linkage. not for sure on the adapter for the original ail filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom