carb rebuild? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a source for a detailed carb teardown/cleaning?? I have tried searching on here, and have come up empty handed. My carb has fuel to it (20 miles on rebuild - from 2018...) but no fuel coming out to feed the engine. Specifically a 1969 carb with the little solenoid guy on the side. Attached older picture - solenoid is now connected as instructed by SOR so dont worry lol

IMG_20240318_160559725.jpg

Start here for some good stuff.

There are a few more in that series that @pinhead did, I'm sure your carb is going to be different, but the basics are the same.

Seems like this is your first adventure in carbs. A well lighted, clean work place will be very handy - looking for some part that fly's out during disassembly will be much easier in the above area. Pay attention to details (lots of pic's/vids as you go), things like how many turns to seat the needle valve before you unscrew it.

Is there a quick and dirty way to just pull out whats absolutely necessary and clean it?
The quickest way is to just remove the fuel supply tube and spray carb cleaner in there. When that doesn't work, watch those videos and rebuild your carb. It really is very easy after watching Pinhead's videos.

The quickest way is to just remove the fuel supply tube and spray carb cleaner in there. When that doesn't work, watch those videos and rebuild your carb. It really is very easy after watching Pinhead's videos.
So the primary part with the venturis on it and emulsion tube? I can probably manage that. Just gotta get the pig runnin

I pulled the sight glass off the carb, flopped the float around and just HOSED it with carb cleaner. Then ran the accelerator pump and it started squirted like a prom date. So hit the choke, fired it up, and let it warm up, dropped the choke and he would rev up and everything. hell yeah brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom