I bought Romer's LX! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, building a 100 as we speak but I think he mentioned having another 80 sitting around as well.

Oh gawd, I was just kidding. Did Shotts finally wear him down?:eek:

Just a brief hello. I have been lurking around for a long time trying to get info on what to get, and browsing the classifieds.
I have 2 2nd gen 4runners, 1 mildly built one in need of some help, have had them a whle and love Toyota trucks! I also have a k2500 suburban 6.5l, and a VW golf TDI. Seems like I can't stay away from those Nitch vehicles?! AND now Romer's LX450.
Been wanting one for a LONG time!

I ll be changing some things on the LX, just to make it suit my needs a little better, but Ken has done a bang up job with it, nothing much interesting left to do to it, and I am positive any writeup I could do would fail compared to his. But I ll post anything interesting I do.

Starting off I am just going to tidy up the wiring, sraighten some armor dings, sand and paint some light surface rust issues on the underside, sliders and bumpers, and do the leaky oil seal on the DS axle.
Things I want to do in the future are, Roof top Tent, fridge, lights 360*, interior winch controls/ disconnect, Milford cargo barrier, if I can find one?, JDM licence plate holder, IF I can find that too? and maybe a part time 4wd kit? ( need to research that one a little more)

Oh yeah and get it off road!

Ahhhhh so you bought Romer's pink panties eh! Congrats and Welcome :flipoff2:

nice man!

Cool. It's like buying a legend!!!
Cheers and congrats!

Did you ever do the headlight swap?

No. Have been swamped.
Amd now the starter is acting up again. So that takes first priority. Need to rebuild , again!

iirc, romer got it from texas, so i guess it's gone back home

iirc, romer got it from texas, so i guess it's gone back home

Yup. Bought it in Dallas and drove it home. Glad to see it still has a good home. It never failed me and did awesome on the Rubicon. Sorry to hear about the starter

Welcome!

lol

Heehee!!

Starter is kinda a wear item. At nearly 200k I kinda expected to have it go. I did the rebuild kit 2? Years ago? Prob the solenoid. Just time for a new one!

Everything else is great!
Have some yodateq gullwings waiting to go in too!

and if you expect serious cold, you could even go for the heavy duty winter starter :hillbilly:

It has the 2kw one I think? is the 2.2 even available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom