FSM for 200 series (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cat /etc/apache2/httpd.conf | sed -e ‘s/\/Library\/WebServer\/Documents/\/Volumes\/Complete Land Cr/g’ > /tmp/https.conf
@linuxgod : sed on macOS is has some syntax quirks. This won't work with macOS's sed. I'll play with the syntax this week and post something that is easier than using vi. I've used vi for so long, I forget how wonky it is for normal humans. Also, it looks like your your browser's autocorrect changed "httpd.conf" to "https.conf".

Is anyone seeding recently? Also is there any progress on the issues? it sounds like I'm going to jump into it once i get a seed. I'm using ventura as well

Is anyone seeding recently? Also is there any progress on the issues? it sounds like I'm going to jump into it once i get a seed. I'm using ventura as well
I am always seeding. If you're not downloading, check your router/firewall to make sure torrenting is open. I think if uPnP is enabled that will work, but if not you may need to add at least one port and map it to your computer, then configure your torrent client to use that port

1681139397038.png

I'll try and take a look this week, been camping out at Big Bend for the last week or so.

X

One thing that noticed recently is that in the wiring diagrams the images of the pins and their part numbers are missing. I’m pretty sure I can go back and add them but at some point when I do I’m going to have to re-spin the ISO and post a new torrent. Most folks won’t need them but if you do (like I did) it’s annoying that they aren’t there
Did you ever rebuild the ISO to get the images of pins and part numbers? I'm currently downloading from the magnet link posted on PAGE 6 and should be able to seed pretty much indefinitely at high speed (unless something wonky happens).

I'm also curious about setting this up in Docker or even another Linux ISO that can be run on a VM on my laptop (which is how I've been using the original FSM that was posted). I'm not sure how you did the Ubuntu ISO with autolaunch of a browser. Thanks!

Did you ever rebuild the ISO to get the images of pins and part numbers? I'm currently downloading from the magnet link posted on PAGE 6 and should be able to seed pretty much indefinitely at high speed (unless something wonky happens).

I'm also curious about setting this up in Docker or even another Linux ISO that can be run on a VM on my laptop (which is how I've been using the original FSM that was posted). I'm not sure how you did the Ubuntu ISO with autolaunch of a browser. Thanks!
No, I have not had the time.

The data is actually there (or at least the part #s are), but the website doesn't render them correctly. There are some website files missing that I need time to track down, but I don't have a TIS subscription right now. The part #s are in the (IIRC) XML files, so if you know how to use "grep" on Linux you can find them. But it's really inconvenient

I don't recall how I did the autolaunch. I'd have to go back and look closely at how I tweaked the ISO. Honestly it works better if you just run a local webserver (Abyss, IIS, Apache, etc) and mount the ISO as a normal disk.

...Honestly it works better if you just run a local webserver (Abyss, IIS, Apache, etc) and mount the ISO as a normal disk.

Agree. In fact, I'm not even sure you can set it up as an "auto launch" without compiling-in some type of local web server. Any "auto launch" style solution will likely require some type of http server to be compiled into whatever alarm-triggering executable(s) one might come up with. However, I could be totally wrong and some clever person might just come up with a "plug and play" executable or shell script...I'll be the first to clap if someone can pull that off.

Agree. In fact, I'm not even sure you can set it up as an "auto launch" without compiling-in some type of local web server. Any "auto launch" style solution will likely require some type of http server to be compiled into whatever alarm-triggering executable(s) one might come up with. However, I could be totally wrong and some clever person might just come up with a "plug and play" executable or shell script...I'll be the first to clap if someone can pull that off.
I was looking at the original Ubuntu 16.04 ISO, and the autolauncher launches the local browser, but it looks like Geoff had Apache2 installed. I think I can replicate that.

I'm hoping to git clone his repo and figure out how to pull down the FSM for other models that I have in my life. I'm wondering how these would be integrated into the current index.html with the current 200/100/80/60/40 folders.

I was looking at the original Ubuntu 16.04 ISO, and the autolauncher launches the local browser, but it looks like Geoff had Apache2 installed. I think I can replicate that.

I'm hoping to git clone his repo and figure out how to pull down the FSM for other models that I have in my life. I'm wondering how these would be integrated into the current index.html with the current 200/100/80/60/40 folders.
Yep that’s how I did it. I still prefer a local abyss or Apache on my windows desktop as it is easier/faster than booting into the ISO once it’s set up (and you can set up your desktop to only allow local connections), but I left the old method in place because why fix functioning options

Wow. I'm actually a tech person, but this is way out of my comfort zone, apparently. @linuxgod would you or someone mind maybe TeamViewer to help me get this going?

Mac Directions

Windows Directions (this includes a basic structure for Linux/Mac as well)

Above are probably the two most strait forward guides.

They both equate to the same process.

1. Download the FSM iso.
2. Mount the iso as a drive on your PC. Usually right clicking the file will give you a mounting option. Mounting permanently will probably make your life easier.
3 Set up a web server (either Apache or Abyss) to host the cloned TIS on the local PC. Steps for both are in the respective directions.
4. Within the webserver setup, point the web server at the mounted ISO for the "website".
5. Finally make sure the web server is running and use a browser to connect to the local webserver.

Bonus Points:
With this setup, I also assume it would be possible to install this on some primary computer on your personal network and then be able to browse to it from any PC/Tablet you wanted to when working out in your garage. This might require some changes to your network settings and also an understanding of your network to know how to browse between devices.

I've had this thread bookmarked for a few years but just now got around to setting it up. Wow! Great work. I can only imagine the time and effort to put it all together.

I've always bought all the paper factory service manuals for my '86 FJ60 and '93 FZJ80 and was disappointed that wasn't an option for the '11 200 Series. What a nice surprise to not only have the 200 series FSM, but also the 80 series and 60 series too! Plus, I now even have the FSM for the '65 FJ40! Too bad it doesn't show the '69 Camaro SBC, '90 TBI or TH350. Ha ha ha.

Anyway, huge thanks Geoff @linuxgod well done sir! And thanks to @greynolds, @grinchy, @CharlieS, @bloc, @Dunbar, @i4c4lo, @bemerritt, @clearmysix, @Leelanau and the rest the the you for great installation/set-up instructions and an awesome end result. Thanks You.
Jim

Not seeing any Seeders online for the file:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:cf1ba674b5796aade66d13a51e7f4c56b8fb9195&dn=TheCompleteTLCFSM2021.iso&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce
I’ll check when I get home tonight but I’m always seeding. Usually if you aren’t finding seeders it’s because your firewall is blocking the BitTorrent connection

Confirmed I'm seeding at least. If you don't see it, make sure your firewall is allowing inbound connections correctly.
1706893271265.png

I have an older tablet running Android 8 which I'm not using and decided to see if I could get the FSM to run on it. Short answer: Yes and it's pretty much just like browsing the TIS website live.

Doing so requires sideloading an older Apache webserver APK and of course copying the FSM files over from the ISO. I stripped my folder down to only 200-series docs and removed the PDF versions because I only had a 32GB SD card available. Total size is <20GB. There are a few index.jsp files that need to be modified because the website code looks for some files on disk in a folder called /t3Portal but unless you root/jailbreak the tablet (I didn't) you can't create a link from /t3Portal to /sdcard/www/public/t3Portal. Easy fix, especially if you only need one model year.

Wiring diagrams, PDF wiring diagrams, and some other basic stuff I tried all seems to work. I think this would be better on a screen that's higher than 1280x800 resolution, but it does function on the lower resolution screen. I'm going to test some more and will write up what I did if anyone else wants to do the same, particularly to carry in the truck on a trail where cell service might be unavailable? If I could make the install and setup automated (as its own Android package) I might consider buying a lot of used tablets off ebay, throwing the FSM on them, and offering them up cheap just to recoup the cost of the tablet and shipping. Then again if I can figure out how to turn the FSM into an Android package I may be able to create something you can just download and click to install...

1706893351149.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom