Free Door Straps. Sad Day for the Cruiser Brotherhood. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.?

This does suck, but now you have plenty of space. I wish i had that kind of space.

I talked to Mike via phone. I have accepted him selling me out and I forgive him. I have also asked him to provide his point of view on here to check me as a single point of view. And I hope he does.

As of this point I'm good. I have additional shop space,. More junk will pop up, I am a buyer

Best of luck in Utah Mike.

Justin,

Sorry you got burned by this guy. I don't have room in my life for people I can't trust to keep to a deal after it's made or trust period. I appreciate you sharing the experience with the forum so others can avoid the miss fortune of dealing with this guy.
Better luck in the future.

I talked to Mike via phone. I have accepted him selling me out and I forgive him. I have also asked him to provide his point of view on here to check me as a single point of view. And I hope he does.

As of this point I'm good. I have additional shop space,. More junk will pop up, I am a buyer

Best of luck in Utah Mike.

been following this thread. its a very sad state of affairs, but glad to see you are a forgiving man Justin. lifes too short and this world is too messed up to let things like this eat at us. it doesnt detract from the hurt you initially feel of course, but forgiving and forgetting is the best way to stay happy in life. with the measure you measure out, so will it be measured back to you.

enjoy that new shop man, im jealous of that.

THE ACCUSED HERE

Spoke to the Original Poster here on the phone tonight after he showed me this thread. OP encouraged me to put in my bit...I wasn't going to bother with a response but after seeing four pages of slander I figured it was my time.

It saddens me to see so many folks jump on a slander band wagon when they don't know what is going on. Everyone has a different lense on and sees things quite differently.

Here is what happened....

Yes. A week ago I put out a general notification on a thread of mine that my life was changing and that I was in a desperate need to sell a large collection of my Landcruiser things quickly. I am moving in what is now three weeks. Within the first couple hours I had 15 plus interested parties.

Yes, the OP here came out quickly to see what I had, driving 3 hours one way. The collection included x2 Early FJ40 FST Landcruisers with an inventory of all new parts and a vast collection of what is considered true Unobtanium FJ25/FJ40 Parts And Memorabilia.

A gave the OP a very low "Take all" price because of my time lime. I explained that I had four months of work to do in only one month so I wanted it all gone Right away. In other words, it was an opportunity of a landcruiser lifetime. He was very interested.

With no obligation, I gave him as a cruiser gift, a set of New FJ40 Door Straps and a new FJ25 Toyota emblem in his choice of color. I did this because he was a nice guy and drove out right away.

What was the agreement?

Although I had many interested parties, I would drag my feet responding to the others for 24 hours to hear back from him because he was here first and local. He did respond after 24 hour stating that he wanted everything.

I spent the next few days sending texts and inquiries to him about when he was going to come back. He never said that he was calling off anything but in my mind i'm telling myself :

1. I don't know this guy

2. He didn't leave deposit

2. It was vague as to when exactly he was coming back

4. Im packing up my property to move out of state and need to get this wrapped up now.

I did NOT know that he was leasing a place to restore what he wanted to obtain from me.

Last edited:
One thing that I have learned painfully on these forums in regards to selling or reproducing items that are not obtainable for well intentioned folks is that only a small number follow through with what they say they will buy when the time to pony up comes. I am not saying that it is the case with this OP, but a week passed and I still had no deposit.

Where it went BAD...

A week out, as I was outside working on the house a mad pulled into my driveway and asked if i still had all of the cruisers. I sad yes, but that i had an interested man nearby. He wanted to see what I had. After no more than a 3 minute glance he offered me cash in my had in 15 minutes. And to have it all removed from the property in 24 Hours.

I was conflicted. Yes. Was it wrong? Perhaps. Perhaps Not.

I immediately contacted the OP and let him know. I did not want a bidding war. Im not that type. This was the point that I was told that he leased a space.

I felt awful, because I offered him a Smokin Deal and I could see his excitement was crushed. No to mention the hastle that he might have gone through to attempt to make it workout.

I will say that I waited for him when I was in a desprate hurry to get it gone. There were some unknowns.. Perhaps poor communication was our enemy here.

This was not a greed decision like some of you have accused.

Starting a slander thread was a horrible mistake of which he apologized to me over the phone, but as a Landcruiser Community, this kind of talk is base and we are better than this.

Last edited:
THE ACCUSED HERE

Spoke to the Original Poster here on the phone tonight after he showed me this thread. OP encouraged me to put in my bit...I wasn't going to bother with a response but after seeing four pages of slander I figured it was my time.

It saddens me to see so many folks jump on a slander band wagon when they don't know what is going on. Everyone has a different lense on and sees things quite differently.

Here is what happened....

Yes. A week ago I put out a general notification on a thread of mine that my life was changing and that I was in a desperate need to sell a large collection of my Landcruiser things quickly. I am moving in what is now three weeks. Within the first couple hours I had 15 plus interested parties.

Yes, the OP here came out quickly to see what I had, driving 3 hours one way. The collection included x2 Early FJ40 FST Landcruisers with an inventory of all new parts and a vast collection of what is considered true Unobtanium FJ25/FJ40 Parts And Memorabilia.

A gave the OP a very low "Take all" price because of my time lime. I explained that I had four months of work to do in only one month so I wanted it all gone Right away. In other words, it was an opportunity of a landcruiser lifetime. He was very interested.

With no obligation, I gave him as a cruiser gift, a set of New FJ40 Door Straps and a new FJ25 Toyota emblem in his choice of color. I did this because he was a nice guy and drove out right away.

What was the agreement?

Although I had many interested parties, I would drag my feet responding to the others for 24 hours to hear back from him because he was here first and local. He did respond after 24 hour stating that he wanted everything.

I spent the next few days sending texts and inquiries to him about when he was going to come back. He never said that he was calling off anything but in my mind i'm telling myself :

1. I don't know this guy

2. He didn't leave deposit

2. It was vague as to when exactly he was coming back

4. Im packing up my property to move out of state and need to get this wrapped up now.

I did NOT know that he was leasing a place to restore what he wanted to obtain from me.

Huh? I was hoping that this would be a done deal but there are some NOT true things in this!

You did know me because I drove 3 hours 1way to your house. To meet you and work on the deal. We were in constant contact via phone and text all last week.

Vague on when I was coming back? I texted you on Friday at 845 am. And updated you on the weather and my plan. I have attached a screen shot of that text string.

We shook hands and had a deal, you never asked for a deposit and because we had met in person and had the Cruiser brotherhood thing going, I was confident it was a deal.
Screenshot_20171206-065918.png

So he drove six hours and took off work and didn't give you a deposit? I know I wouldn't hold anything without a deposit except on rare occasions or if it's a local club member. But I would inform the person of such. If I said I was going to hold it without a deposit I would hold it. If I decided I wanted a deposit I would ask for a PayPal deposit. According to the op you told him you screwed him. Which seems to say you kinda knew you were intentionally pulling out of the agreement. Seems like their are two stories here, and what actually happened who knows. Nice to hear the other side. Pics of text seems pretty legit though.

One thing that I have learned painfully on these forums in regards to selling or reproducing items that are not obtainable for well intentioned folks is that only a small number follow through with what they say they will buy when the time to pony up comes. I am not saying that it is the case with this OP, but a week passed and I still had no deposit.

Where it went BAD...

A week out, as I was outside working on the house a mad pulled into my driveway and asked if i still had all of the cruisers. I sad yes, but that i had an interested man nearby. He wanted to see what I had. After no more than a 3 minute glance he offered me cash in my had in 15 minutes. And to have it all removed from the property in 24 Hours.

I was conflicted. Yes. Was it wrong? Perhaps. Perhaps Not.

I immediately contacted the OP and let him know. I did not want a bidding war. Im not that type. This was the point that I was told that he leased a space.

I felt awful, because I offered him a Smokin Deal and I could see his excitement was crushed. No to mention the hastle that he might have gone through to attempt to make it workout.

Straight up NOT true you did NOT contact me about someone else looking at it. I contacted you about my updated plan on picking everything up. See my very first post in this thread!
I texted you at 2:21 on Monday
You replied at 2:35 with the "I am not going to lie" text.

I immediately called you.
You were going back and forth on what you were going to do.
We ended that conversation with you saying you were going to try and "shoo these guys off". And that you would call me back in a few min.
At 4:16 I got the text about you screwed me over.

I will say that I waited for him when I was in a desprate hurry to get it gone. There were some unknowns.. Perhaps poor communication was our enemy here.

This was not a greed decision like some of you have accused.

Starting a slander thread was a horrible mistake of which he apologized to me over the phone, but as a Landcruiser Community, this kind of talk is base and we are better than this.

You got this right, the Land Cruiser community is better than this! That's why I was so pissed about getting undercut.

Yes. I felt like I screwed him over by selling to someone else. Who wouldn't feel bad for him.

Justin did tell me twice when he was here that if some one else showed up with cash, that he would understand givin my urgency to have everything sold and gone.

Yes he did say he would come at some point next week.

Seems the texts tell the real story. Guy made a deal then broke that deal and admitted the he screwed over Justin because greed took over. Simple as that.
It can't be undone at this point. It's too bad people let greed take over even when they know it's wrong.

It seems like GREED is not the correct word in this case. If the seller had an URGENCY, perhaps the buyer should have that implied. If no money passed hands and all that stuff needed moved was still subjective, the seller still has this monolith change in his head that has to be done. I am glad he came on here and said his side. Could there have been clearer communications on both sides, yes. He is correct on one thing , once wounded on this site a shark feeding frenzy begins. I personally bought things from him and was well pleased. If he is in an urgency, I feel for him as between money needs and moving , life can become very stressful. The seller said he forgave him and that says a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom