Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Epic thread @TYM4FUN - just a lost a whole morning reading from the start, and don't regret a minute of it.

Your thoroughness and attention to detail are equal parts inspiring and shaming!

Congrats on an awesome job, and I'm so glad you are now able to enjoy the rewards.

So when is turbo happening?:hillbilly:

Can you share your engine bay cleaning routine? It seems like it would be impossible to get mine that clean!

I know exactly what he did...:rofl:
Can you share your engine bay cleaning routine? It seems like it would be impossible to get mine that clean!

Epic thread @TYM4FUN - just a lost a whole morning reading from the start, and don't regret a minute of it.

Your thoroughness and attention to detail are equal parts inspiring and shaming!

Congrats on an awesome job, and I'm so glad you are now able to enjoy the rewards.

So when is turbo happening?:hillbilly:
Thank you for the kind words. It has been very therapeutic and rewarding to work on. Getting to enjoy it has been a dream come true. Turbo when my time is right...

Last edited:
Today, I just sprayed it down with my garden hose and then 20 minutes wiping it down with a microfiber cloth.

During rebuild, 100's of hours over about 10 months, scrubbing with degreaser and a brush.

2.5k in and 1st official inspection for registration and looking great.

20220427_104213.jpg

Well, on some other thread I posted my Blackstone report when I did the 205k oil change, but I can't find it. 😅 All looked good on it, and there were just residuals from the sealants used during the rebuild.

Now I just hit 210k miles of adventure in the 80 and still a flawless victory after all the work performed. This thing whips to redline and will hum along while averaging mid 180°s to low 190° temps. And the brakes continue to amaze me after deleting all the ABS crap and replacing the calipers.

Another lube in the books and time to wash the engine bay again.

20230809_141126.jpg

20230809_141110.jpg

I will be listing my NIB WE turbo kit shortly... Sadly, this never became CARB approved, and I am in no position to enjoy it. 😔

Lame man! You’re welcome to register it out here in free America (TN) if you want!

Lame man! You’re welcome to register it out here in free America (TN) if you want!
Super lame. Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want to deal with residency issues. I drive this too much and I would get pulled over/cited for out of state plates. Plus, out of state residency claims could complicate my business endeavors and tax filings. Government sucks. 😖

Super lame. Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want to deal with residency issues. I drive this too much and I would get pulled over/cited for out of state plates. Plus, out of state residency claims could complicate my business endeavors and tax filings. Government sucks. 😖
Based on some of the readings about the Wits End turbos and people not getting their orders fulfilled, I am sure there is a secondary market for these.

Someone with fabrication facilities should buy that, reverse engineer it, then build and sell a bunch of them to 'mudders, then actually deliver them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom