CSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sell it to the LC Heritage Museum. Cruiser Dan will take good care of it. Met he and his wife the last 2 Cruise Moabs, great people!

I talked with someone who worked at the Miller Group in the past and didn't seem interested. It's no secret I have this 40. The other one belongs to JTO back east. If you search you can find it on their site. As for Dan, watching what's going on as much as I can on mud the miller museum is selling off vehicles in the collection. Not all the Land Cruisers are displayed in the museum. Rest are in storage. Appears they are trying to downsize the storage. Those I've seen sold were 40 series. The 76 is kept in a milder climate than Phoenix in an insulated garage. The previous owner had it stored outside in the valley. Interior is not what you would expect with a vehicle with that low of miles. Front seats, dash and headliner all need to be redone. I'm sure the foam in the back seats are shot as well. Definitely dings and dents. I did pick up the correct 1/75-1/76 hard top sides in the correct color years ago. Those are not perfect but in much better shape. Some one replaced the hood at some point from a couple year newer FJ40. That has a slight bit of pitting on the underside. But it what I would call rust free, meaning not more than sanding required. No real rust repair needed. The cruiser has an interesting history.

I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere but.... Toyota USA officially starting a teaser campaign for the Land Cruiser's return:

Land Cruiser back in US teaser

I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere but.... Toyota USA officially starting a teaser campaign for the Land Cruiser's return:
I Hope it’s something useful. There are a lot of retro rebrandings going on. I’m not saying they will give us a “new” 40, but something that has the option to be bear bones with a off-road focus would be nice.. I’m not getting my hopes up to much. But I am interested to see what pops up.

Agreed, they have enough of the "lux-uped" vehicles in the other SUVs they offer. I would even like to see hand cranked windows! That said, please, a solid front axle and 3x locked! Return to your roots Mr. T; Solid, good bang for the buck, bullet proof and capable. or, just bring the 70 series to this market!

totally agree Ive been selling Fords for 10 year now and have always thought why doesnt someone offer a more basic solid offroad vehicle it would sell like crazy, and if Toyota returned to the FJ40/FJ44(4door jay leno40) that would go very well. AC, cruise, PS done 30 to 35k and a strong aftermarket option = Gold

I doubt we will see the 70 over here. My bet is a version of the new Lexus, but maybe a Land Cruiser branded anniversary/comeback/retro theme? It won’t be bare bones, but hopefully a little simpler (like the fj cruiser controls)

The Heritage edition Land Cruiser has the old FJ40 apron emblem. You sure we getting anything but the Land Cruiser version of the latest Lexus LX model. The 40 series ended here in 1983. link says Did you really think we'd be gone for long. Almost 40 years for the 40 series to me is a long time. 200 series ended 2022?

They are offering the Lexus 300 Series here, and the new Sequoia TRD Pro (which is a damn good looking truck) but I haven't fully checked out it's specs. My 2 cents, they are going to let the Sequoia get legs for a while before they "reintroduce" the LC version 300 series here. @murf might have some insight.

1686753608409.png
1686753810705.png

I really don’t think we will get the 300 series. I think this redesign is more for a different sort of Land Cruiser than we have seen in the us.

I really don’t think we will get the 300 series. I think this redesign is more for a different sort of Land Cruiser than we have seen in the us.
I've heard rumors it'll be the Prado re-badged as Land Cruiser, so yeah basically the new GX. We shall see....

I expect it'll be a Toyota badged version of the new GX550, hopefully with fewer luxury bugs. It's notable that they gave the GX the 112" wheelbase. But all of the new Toyota mid and full size trucks and SUVs will share the same TNGA-F platform, and so I expect the new Land Cruiser will be less mechanically distinguishable from its siblings than in decades past.

As many of you know I have a Classic Land Cruisers podcast now but this thought just came to my tires ADHD brain but do a trail podcast/mini classic cruise without the major rules of the classic cruise but here is the kicker I don't want to plan the classic cruise again. Also I am going to be in Flagstaff the 13th -17th of July 2023 if anyone has a 40, 55, 60/62 or 70 series that would like to sit down for 45 minutes or so ;) 🚙⛰️

Last edited:
So I am attending the Benson 4th of July parade and I know that there are some that do the Thanksgiving parades. Would we as CSC want to do a 4th of July parade either in Benson or any other small town 4th of July parade in the future

So I am attending the Benson 4th of July parade and I know that there are some that do the Thanksgiving parades. Would we as CSC want to do a 4th of July parade either in Benson or any other small town 4th of July parade in the future
I have done this in the past, granted the next one is just under a year from now (April).:hmm:

Anyone have a recommendation for a body shop? Prefer west valley but will drive for quality work. It’s on my 05 Chevy Dually

DC3, the Cruiser of the air.
Just a cool video that is worthy to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom