CSC Chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taking a day or two off to replace the heater core in the wife's Dodge 1500 (been putting this off for over a year)...
So far saving the dashboard is not going to happen. To be continued..
View attachment 1349705

My question is how long did you try and remove the dash before you said fawk it and just start tearing it out in pieces?:eek:

Something in my makeup that has never like me do that. Sometimes think if I could it would be good for my mental health. Thank heaven for detached garages and loud classic rock, my only saving grace.:hillbilly:

Taking a day or two off to replace the heater core in the wife's Dodge 1500 (been putting this off for over a year)...
So far saving the dashboard is not going to happen. To be continued..
View attachment 1349705
I can relate, during the professional rewire of my FJ40, my 25 yr old GM center console decided it was brittle , baked, and now in several smaller pieces. I found another on Ebay from back east... Go figure, the plastic is still flexible!

My question is how long did you try and remove the dash before you said fawk it and just start tearing it out in pieces?:eek:

Something in my makeup that has never like me do that. Sometimes think if I could it would be good for my mental health. Thank heaven for detached garages and loud classic rock, my only saving grace.:hillbilly:

Dash was the easy part, already in pieces;). I did buy an upgraded fiberglass unit from ebay, the only drawback so far is the need to drill out all the clip slots and screw holes. I doubt it will go back in as easy as the old one came out.
Beotch is getting enough firewall clearance on the evaporator box to clear the tube ends without disconnecting the A/C lines, Sawsall . Suspect someone has done this before, missing screws, and check out the mangled tube ends.
NCM_0156.JPG
NCM_0159.JPG
NCM_0160.JPG
NCM_0155.JPG

Home stretch, now I have 2 days to get all put back together.:hmm:

NCM_0161.JPG

I can relate, during the professional rewire of my FJ40, my 25 yr old GM center console decided it was brittle , baked, and now in several smaller pieces. I found another on Ebay from back east... Go figure, the plastic is still flexible!
Hear ya, US manufactures chose the wrong poly, even the vacuum hoses require kit gloves.

We are adding a TV to our family room which is right next to our living room. Have a direcTV wireless Genie system. Not a problem using a mini genie in the family room except for the signal is delayed by a few seconds from the main genie. Picture would not be a problem but sound is. I have used component before just running wires between rooms. I'm now going to mount a TV on the wall and will run wiring up walls and thru the attic. Instead of component wires thought about using HDMI cable with a splitter. DirecTV box only has a single HDMI outlet on the back.

My question to those more technical advanced which is a better way to go, HDMI in the living room (used the most) and component to the family room (RCA jacks on the satellite box) or splitter and HDMI to both?

Think about using something like which is suppose to not lose any quality, thoughts?

Amazon.com: HDMI Splitter, SOWTECH Digital 1X2 HDMI Splitter for Full HD 1080P Support 3D (One Input To Two Outputs): Electronics

We are adding a TV to our family room which is right next to our living room. Have a direcTV wireless Genie system. Not a problem using a mini genie in the family room except for the signal is delayed by a few seconds from the main genie. Picture would not be a problem but sound is. I have used component before just running wires between rooms. I'm now going to mount a TV on the wall and will run wiring up walls and thru the attic. Instead of component wires thought about using HDMI cable with a splitter. DirecTV box only has a single HDMI outlet on the back.

My question to those more technical advanced which is a better way to go, HDMI in the living room (used the most) and component to the family room (RCA jacks on the satellite box) or splitter and HDMI to both?

Think about using something like which is suppose to not lose any quality, thoughts?

Amazon.com: HDMI Splitter, SOWTECH Digital 1X2 HDMI Splitter for Full HD 1080P Support 3D (One Input To Two Outputs): Electronics

I would do HDMI to both. That splitter seems reasonable.

Dash was the easy part, already in pieces;). I did buy an upgraded fiberglass unit from ebay, the only drawback so far is the need to drill out all the clip slots and screw holes. I doubt it will go back in as easy as the old one came out.
Beotch is getting enough firewall clearance on the evaporator box to clear the tube ends without disconnecting the A/C lines, Sawsall . Suspect someone has done this before, missing screws, and check out the mangled tube ends. View attachment 1350030 View attachment 1350032 View attachment 1350035 View attachment 1350036

Home stretch, now I have 2 days to get all put back together.:hmm:

View attachment 1350037
That looks absolutely miserable...

I would do HDMI to both. That splitter seems reasonable.

That's what I was thinking just wasn't sure if I would lose any picture quality to the living room TV. Easier to run a single HDMI cable then the five required for component. Need to measure but believe I can get away with 25' to 30' which seems to be about the limit with splitters I've looked at.

That's what I was thinking just wasn't sure if I would lose any picture quality to the living room TV. Easier to run a single HDMI cable then the five required for component. Need to measure but believe I can get away with 25' to 30' which seems to be about the limit with splitters I've looked at.

I do not think you would lose any quality. The longest cord I have seen is 25 ft.

I do not think you would lose any quality. The longest cord I have seen is 25 ft.

Quick search on Amazon showed 25', 30' 35 & 50' cables. Remember looking a while ago and 25' was rare. The living room will be a 3' cable from the splitter. On that set only concern is loss thru the splitter.

An amplified hdmi splitter can push signal with no loss over 65+ feet

Just what I wanted to hear. Another think to think about is component connections are gone on the last TV I bought. Wife keep changing her mind on which TV to put where. Best not to limit options if only for the future. Hopefully HDMI is around for a while.

I do have a 36" CRT 1080i TV if anyone one is interested. Have the DVI to HDMI converter. If you have a pickup and heading to snow country would add a couple hundred pounds in the bed to give you better traction.:rolleyes:

So I had to replace the perfectly good "made in Mexico" Optima red top because apparently "perfectly good" doesn't cover weak terminal connections INSIDE the battery. Cables looked a little grungy, decided to clean the negative one (sealed AGMs aren't supposed to corrode terminals, right?) :hmm: and the connection broke when I started to remove the little nut. So maybe all the horror stories I've heard about the MiM Optimas are right? Anyhoo... after I bought a X2 Power AGM and it wasn't a reverse terminal (but it had the desired side and top terminals) had to replace it with a larger but only top terminal battery.

To make a short story long, now I need accessory terminals to power my blue sea panel. Those of you that run top terminal batteries, what do you use for power taps?

Thanks. How do these mount? The large hole goes over the terminal and the cable clamps on top?[/QUOTE

I have this style terminal
IMG_0053.JPG

The flat side connects to the post and the set screw holds my bus wire.

Free Hotel Stay

Tina and I have a gift certificate to the Gainey Suites Hotel at Scottsdale Road & Doubletree that we are unable to use. It expires on 12/31/16 and is good for "a one night stay in a studio suite with complimentary breakfast & evening reception."

It is free to the first person that can use it. Please PM me.

Happy Holidays.

Free Hotel Stay

Tina and I have a gift certificate to the Gainey Suites Hotel at Scottsdale Road & Doubletree that we are unable to use. It expires on 12/31/16 and is good for "a one night stay in a studio suite with complimentary breakfast & evening reception."

It is free to the first person that can use it. Please PM me.

Happy Holidays.

Im in

big-thumbs-up-smiley-animated-gif-8781-animate-it-QJJpwb-clipart.gif

Last edited:
Todays FREE item(s)

Up for grabs is the following:
1. A waterproof use for a GoPro Hero 4
2. 2 batteries for a GoPro Hero 4
3. A dual battery charger for GoPro Hero 4 batteries.

The case and the batteries are GoPro brand, and the battery charger is not.

If interested in all of it, PM me. Local pick up, unless you want to pay for the shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom