Coolerman out for the next bit... again... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coolerman

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.globalsoftware-inc.com
My bad luck with my eyes continues to haunt me.
Some of you may or may not be aware that I have recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. I had some issues with those surgeries, but those are now pretty much resolved. However Sunday morning I woke up, took a shower, and as I was walking out of the bathroom I noticed a large black spot in my left eye. Over the next two hours it grew it until it was covering 25% of my vision. I knew what it was immediately since I went through the same thing in 1999 with my right eye: a detached retina. I called the place that did my surgery last time and they told me to come in to the ER and they would evaluate it to see if I needed immediate surgery. They decide it could wait until Monday. So Monday I had the surgery. Basically I will be blind in that eye for about 7 to 14 days.
I will be able to fill orders but harness work is out of the question. Those that have sent me harnesses for repair I have already contacted.

I'm not going anywhere and as I have posted in the past I hope to go back to full harness building in August/September.

My bad luck with my eyes continues to haunt me.
Some of you may or may not be aware that I have recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. I had some issues with those surgeries, but those are now pretty much resolved. However Sunday morning I woke up, took a shower, and as I was walking out of the bathroom I noticed a large black spot in my left eye. Over the next two hours it grew it until it was covering 25% of my vision. I knew what it was immediately since I went through the same thing in 1999 with my right eye: a detached retina. I called the place that did my surgery last time and they told me to come in to the ER and they would evaluate it to see if I needed immediate surgery. They decide it could wait until Monday. So Monday I had the surgery. Basically I will be blind in that eye for about 7 to 14 days.
I will be able to fill orders but harness work is out of the question. Those that have sent me harnesses for repair I have already contacted.

I'm not going anywhere and as I have posted in the past I hope to go back to full harness building in August/September.

Take care of those peepers! Rest up and we'll see you soon.

J

I hoping for a full and speedy recovery from this surgery for you. Relax as best as you can and do what the doctors say even if it is hard.

Yeah, get well Coolerman.

I will definitely add you to my prayers.... Get well soon!

Get well soon. I hope everything going well for you.

Sorry to hear this Mark I feel your pain, had something that looked a rose color leaf appeared in my left in early June. Lucky for me it just turned to be some of layer in the eye breaking loose and not a detached retina. It has since broken up and just floaters now which the brain is doing a good job ignoring for the most part. My wife retired and able to live most the time at our cabin so life is good. Hopefully being the new home you built your able to enjoy your recovery time. Best wishes and hopefully a quick and full recovery.

Last edited:
praying you have a speedy recovery. My Dad has been going through tx for macular degeneration for a couple of years. I could tell he was very depressed at first, but tx has gone well, and things are stable. Keep up the positive attitude!

Prayers for you and your health. Take your time and recover fully - don't push yourself to get back to work, they're just wires and trucks, second tier to your health.

Brian

No good coolerman! Get better mate!

I too will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery for both Mark and John.Thanks gentlemen for what you have done and continue to do for the LC community.
Best wishes!!!!

Best wishes and prayers out to you Mark and John. Just follow Doctors orders to the letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom