Builds Bucket List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have a 1965 FJ45 , same color and stock. What is your Frame number ?? Are you planning to restore stock ??

I have a 1965 FJ45 , same color and stock. What is your Frame number ?? Are you planning to restore stock ??

He put it on the list yesterday-

1965 w brass T65 tag
Vin FJ45-21699
Deo Klein
Gainesville Fl

Yes indeed, very nice documentation of your trip.
Is he selling anything else from his property?

He put it on the list yesterday-

Yes indeed, very nice documentation of your trip.
Is he selling anything else from his property?

I believe it's all for sale. Send me a message for Eds number.

What is the name of this color? Do you know the color code?

In my eyes, this rig in amazing shape. It has no rot and it runs/ drives great. I love its originality. As they say, it's only original once.

There are nicer examples out there, but none carry the story of Ed and my 6000 mile adventure.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here is an 83 fj40 I recently "refreshed". All the original paint was left in place. I powder coated a few parts under the hood and rebuilt all systems using Nos Toyota parts. The 65 will receive the same treatment.

Ed says the truck came with grey steel wheels. He gave me 2x + I have the spare. Im looking to find 2x more in grey with matching surface rust. The 81+ wheels on there now, need to go.

I'm also looking for a patina'd oem front bumper. Eventually, I'd like to put on an original pto winch behind it too.

Last edited:
View attachment 1207187 View attachment 1207191 Here is an 83 fj40 I recently "refreshed". All the original paint was left in place. I powder coated a few parts under the hood and rebuilt all systems using Nos Toyota parts. The 65 will receive the same treatment.

So, does that mean NO rust repair ? That 1983 looks like it has some holes.. I like the PATINA look, but it is difficult to find a vehicle with Patina , and no rust thru.

So, does that mean NO rust repair ? That 1983 looks like it has some holes.. I like the PATINA look, but it is difficult to find a vehicle with Patina , and no rust thru.

The 83 has rot + rust holes, that were not repaired. It was not restored. Instead all its mechanicals were brought up to snuff, for daily driver use.

The 65 does not have rot or holes and is daily driver ready. Not much will be changed on it.

Last edited:
What about a headache rack!! My favorite feature on an lpb. I have a real nice og paint(red) but want to keep it. Reminds me a lot about the 65 I bought a while back( 20 years later thread) almost a one owner survivor! I used to have a 45 100 off of your vin!

What about a headache rack!! My favorite feature on an lpb. I have a real nice og paint(red) but want to keep it. Reminds me a lot about the 65 I bought a while back( 20 years later thread) almost a one owner survivor! I used to have a 45 100 off of your vin!

Yeah, I want a headache rack. I'll be looking for one of those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom