BTB Products glareshield box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any experience with BTB Products (http://www.btbprod.com/DASH-BOX-TOYOTA-FJ40-LAND-CRUISER-BTB.html) glareshield box for FJ40? Installation? Fit?

50-5112S1.jpg

I know they stole the idea from Mark Vikers, the "Original Dashman". Search "dashbox" on here for his info and buy from him.

Is the box any cheaper from mark cuz Iv dealt with btb for a while now and always got good service from him. Very Knowlageable and fast shipping

Last edited:
Are these worth the money? I have my dash tore apart and have been considering getting one but cannot make up my mind of it's worth it. If so I need to make the leap now before I start all the body work and painting the dash just to have to cut the bracket off and do it again.

Are these worth the money? I have my dash tore apart and have been considering getting one but cannot make up my mind of it's worth it. If so I need to make the leap now before I start all the body work and painting the dash just to have to cut the bracket off and do it again.

I think it depends on how you use your truck. I don't have a hard top so any additional locked storage is great for me. I keep some longer sized tools in there as well as a 5 cell Maglight.

I plan to ring Mark in the morning and get more info. I'll post when I know more.

I have one (not sure of brand) in my 1977. Mine is used as a platform for an array of Autometer gauges. I'll grab a few pics.

Mark is $310. now, plus shipping, which is another $30. to me on CO Front Range. (He's in Northern CA)

Anyone have any experience with BTB Products (http://www.btbprod.com/DASH-BOX-TOYOTA-FJ40-LAND-CRUISER-BTB.html) glareshield box for FJ40? Installation? Fit?

F*cking ripoff.

I know they stole the idea from Mark Vikers, the "Original Dashman". Search "dashbox" on here for his info and buy from him.

Yes. Please.

Is the box any cheaper from mark cuz Iv dealt with btb for a while now and always got good service from him. Very Knowlageable and fast shipping

Cheaper? Who cares? The guy ripped off a great original idea from an innovative member of our community. F' him. :flipoff2:

I have one that Mark, himself, helped install in my '76. Awesome product. I'd do it again in anything but a full resto.

I bought a BTB box because I couldn't get in touch with Mark, though he did contact me... unfortunately after I purchased a BTB.

The BTB is a great product. I LOVE the storage!!!

If the OP is interested, I have a Dashman Dash Box here in Boulder, Co. I bought it for my Troopy, but I've decided the dash is too nice for me to remove. I'd be happy to meet up with you so you can check one of these out in person. I plan on selling it at some point as well, since I'm not going to use it, so if you are interested in that we can talk also. I bought it used, so it isn't perfect, but good. If nothing else, you could see one in person before jumping in to buy.
Best,
abe

PM sent

I just ordered one and can't wait until it arrives. I've already removed the dash + dash bracket and am ready to install when it gets here.

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

I just ordered one and can't wait until it arrives. I've already removed the dash + dash bracket and am ready to install when it gets here.

View attachment 1263607

View attachment 1263609

View attachment 1263610

View attachment 1263612
I bought the used one from Abe as seen in earlier post on this thread. I installed it right away once I got it. I really like it, because as mentioned before, any extra storage space is great. As long as you are not interested in having your 40 totally stock, this is a great addition. Relatively easy to install. The hardest part for me was drilling that first spot weld on my original dash, because after that there was no going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom