Builds Big Red Toy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My Cummins Master said that all the local mine trucks run at 1200-1500F and higher at peak loads. Most are in their 8th year of service. Unless they are in for maintenance they run 24 hours a day.

J
^^^ This makes me feel better.

For the record, I see 950°f while cruising 75ish.
I saw 1300°f will grinding up some highway hills out in Moab on an 80° morning.
I do not see any smoke ever, and have only turnd the power screw ¼ turn so far.

The bumper is doing great. It's holding that really heavy tire and wheel now. Debating on powder coating it to match the front bumper, but that would be waaay down the line.

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day. It felt good being around family.

The engine pics are slowly trickling in. I'm realizing more and more that my American engine has some of its core components made in countries not exactly known for their high quality workmanship. The red color is growing on me, I should have had the oil pan painted when I had it off. Anyway here are some pics.

The housing is back on.
IMG_20160705_100423.jpg

The KDP is secure

IMG_20160705_100455.jpg

And the tappet cover is back on.

IMG_20160705_100516.jpg

The cam shaft is back in. Needs some buttoning back up and fluids. Thinking of installing some Industrial Injectors down the line. These engines can produce between 160 and 200 ponies depending on how they are tuned. The stock 130 hp isn't bad but with all the armor and extra weight, it wouldn't hurt to go for more. Of course this is budget and EGT dependent.

These engines can produce well over 200hp. There are guys on 4btswaps making close to 500hp.

These engines can produce well over 200hp. There are guys on 4btswaps making close to 500hp.
Man I'll be happy with 200 horses. Not looking to race it, just want a little more power and a lot more reliability. Not saying they aren't reliable engines, but mine seems to be down a lot lately.

So the more pictures trickle in the more I wish I had painted the entire engine red.

IMG_20160706_094902.jpg

So, he got the ps pump installed? :lol: :clap:

I made the same comment to him. He told me he'll be at a funeral so it won't be able to do anything else today. I'll be out of town for a few days for the same reason so won't be able to pick it upfor a few more days.

So the pics are slowly trickling in. Needs the radiator and wiring to be done.

IMG_20160707_083907.jpg

IMG_20160707_141610.jpg

I really need to start saving to paint the body.

Just got off the phone with the mechanic. He set the timing back to stock, says it drives a lot stronger now. Will be ready for pick up sometime this weekend. We have to order a bracket for the injection pump to bolt to the block. The one that's on there doesn't fit it properly. There is an abandoned gravel pit near his shop so hopefully this weekend I'll get to wheel it a bit :bounce2::bounce:.

IMG_20160707_160138.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet!!

I bet that wrong bracket on the back of the injection pump caused the cracked timing housing. Better get that bracket on and adjusted properly before driving.

Anyone know the part number for the bracket that goes on the block and the p pump? It's not the same as the 6bt bracket and I can't seem to locate it online. I keep getting an error when I try to log in to 4btswaps so can't look for it there for now. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom