Best idiot proof UCA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for an UCA that will give me oem performance. I don't want to deal with squeaky bushings. I am hesitant of maintaining a uniball unit.

Does anyone have experience with the Ironman Pro Forge?

Or should I go with something like the OME uca?

Aaaand now that I've posted a thread I am able to see some threads that I wasn't able to find with the search tool. Sorry bros.

"idiot proof" - No such thing; they keep making better idiots. :)

I just bought a set of OME haven’t put them on yet. But I have TC on the truck now. Hope these will work and never have to hear them again or as much.

I just bought a set of OME haven’t put them on yet. But I have TC on the truck now. Hope these will work and never have to hear them again or as much.
My OME's are silent after some wheeling and a lot of wet weather driving, about 5,000 miles on them. Much quieter than the TC I had on my Tacoma. Set it and forget it, basically no maintenance.

Just bought OME as well but waiting on my front Kings to show up...

About a year and 12k miles on my OME UCAs and not a peep out of them.

I installed them per instructions without grease in the bushings too. I don’t understand how they stay quiet but so far so good.

The Dobinsons UCA have been great. Factory style bushings, replaceable Japanese Triple 5 ball joints.

I've had them for almost a year, thousands of miles on and offroad. They're maintenance free and quiet.

I got them from @crikeymike at Exit Offroad. I think they're having a black friday sale now with 10% off Dobinsons.

The Dobinsons UCA have been great. Factory style bushings, replaceable Japanese Triple 5 ball joints.

I've had them for almost a year, thousands of miles on and offroad. They're maintenance free and quiet.

I got them from @crikeymike at Exit Offroad. I think they're having a black friday sale now with 10% off Dobinsons.
Thanks for the tag.

Definitely maintenance free and quiet, and also in stock too!!

I've been running SPC's for about 2 years. Heavy city driving, long road trips and frequent moderate to heavy off road use. Plenty of wiggle room for alignment. I have heard people complaining about them because they start to squeak and you can not lube them. Mine are still silent but I did see a set on a Disco that had less than 2K on them and they made noise just pushing on the front end?

I've been running SPC's for about 2 years. Heavy city driving, long road trips and frequent moderate to heavy off road use. Plenty of wiggle room for alignment. I have heard people complaining about them because they start to squeak and you can not lube them. Mine are still silent but I did see a set on a Disco that had less than 2K on them and they made noise just pushing on the front end?
I have 30k on mine with no issues

I'll jump in. I'm running Camburg UCAs and lube them every 10k. No issues. The Camburg units have zerk fittings on the bottom of the arms. Takes 20 seconds to lube each side. These UCAs also have their uniball system installed and have about 45k with zero issues. Will the uniball need to be changed eventually? Yes, but its just a circlip and drop in a new uniball. Easy day.

I'm looking for an UCA that will give me oem performance. I don't want to deal with squeaky bushings. I am hesitant of maintaining a uniball unit.

Does anyone have experience with the Ironman Pro Forge?

Or should I go with something like the OME uca?
The @Ironman 4x4 USA UCAs are great. Rubber bushings and an easily replaceable Tundra BJ. I've ran them for a while now and couldn't be happier. I beat the hell out of my truck too. They are on sale right now!!!

tempImage4ixoLe.png

The @Ironman 4x4 USA UCAs are great. Rubber bushings and an easily replaceable Tundra BJ. I've ran them for a while now and couldn't be happier. I beat the hell out of my truck too. They are on sale right now!!!

View attachment 2835393
Those UCAs at the current sale price ($559) are pretty damn interesting. Nice suggestion.

What about Icon's "delta joint" in their UCA? I have been reading up on their patent pending ball joint...... I know it comes in their suspension kits, but they do sell a retrofit kit.

What about Icon's "delta joint" in their UCA? I have been reading up on their patent pending ball joint...... I know it comes in their suspension kits, but they do sell a retrofit kit.
Long Video but very informative. They compare cutaways of Delta, SPC, Moog, and uniball style joints.

Ben is the man in this industry. Filthy got my money for my King suspension. I'll never use anyone else from here on out.

Ben is the man in this industry. Filthy got my money for my King suspension. I'll never use anyone else from here on out.
Same here.

The key to any high end racing suspension, especially the shock’s performance, is the person that set it up. I’d prefer Fox over king for reasons I can’t quantify, but Ben keeps coming up as “The Man” when it comes to 200 setup so when I finally go down that path I’ll most likely go with Filthy and King as that is what they know Based on numerous positive comments here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom