Another awesome yodaTEQ creation - 80 series ditch light brackets! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks fantastic, any idea of cost?

Interested in a set as well ... pricing could impact the level of interest tho :meh:

Looks good Frank. My thoughts would be to not enlarge the holes. Then people can drill/modify it how they need to for their own use.

I think you make a great point, now that these brackets have taken on a whole new life in providing many options

With the installation of these brackets one can install the following

1) Ditch lights facing to the sides (installed either on top or on the bottom of the bracket)
2) Front facing lights
3) CB Antenna
4) 2M/Ham Antenna
5) Security System Entry Light / Rock Lights / Puddle Lights
not adding it to the list but you can install -----> Sand Dune Whip/ATV Flag LED WHIP

With this in mind would you guys prefer to drill your own holes to insure proper placement?

Last edited:
I say leave the holes up to the end user.

Offer us both. I would prefer pre-drilled with the last pattern you showed. Looks like it provides many options. For others, get them powdercoated and drill to their liking. I would be willing to pay extra for a pre-drill. Would not add to much to your production cost

I would say pre drill one hole/slot on each for the accessories with the two slots under the mirror for wiring or puddle lights. This will give some flexibility and the ability for people to modify to their tastes. No matter what you do you wont make everyone happy anyway.

I like the concept but one question, with the lights do they light up the hood and create glare?

I would say pre drill one hole/slot on each for the accessories with the two slots under the mirror for wiring or puddle lights. This will give some flexibility and the ability for people to modify to their tastes. No matter what you do you wont make everyone happy anyway.

I like the concept but one question, with the lights do they light up the hood and create glare?

It really depends on how you use the lights. If you want more side lighting and have the lights pointed down and away from the frontal area then no there is no glare....if you use the lights in the forward and straight or up position, then yes there is a bit of glare from the core of the fenders!...especially me cause i have the RIGID Q series....those are a lot of light for the bracket!

Offer us both. I would prefer pre-drilled with the last pattern you showed. Looks like it provides many options. For others, get them powdercoated and drill to their liking. I would be willing to pay extra for a pre-drill. Would not add to much to your production cost
X2 on this

Misspellings courtesy of autocorrect from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

What do you guys think if I offer the following?

2 slotted holes for light placement
1 hole for wire pass through (to get wires through the mirror/door and into the vehicle)
1 small hole for drip or starter hole for puddle lights
and you guys drill your own hole for antennas so you can decide on placement

Sounds perfect!

Sold! Sounds great.

Agreed sounds right to me

Drill pattern sounds good. Count me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

• m2s
Back
Top Bottom