Builds after KOH LV build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Huge thanks to my local Toyota dudes for digging up some front axle parts. Between you guys and a couple last minute CL buys, I got all I need and then some. 8)
Even picked up the majority of an old porcelain Firestone sign. It's 42 inches tall by 12 1/2 foot long, not including the missing letters..lol. Yard art:grinpimp:

65 LV 041s.jpg

65 LV 042s.jpg

65 LV 043s.jpg

Nothing like 30 years of grease build up. Worst part of this project is cleaning all this stuff. I have gathered a nice sized Toy stash.:grinpimp:

65 LV 045s.jpg

65 LV 047s.jpg

65 LV 046s.jpg

I have washed parts in the dishwasher before. Not anything this nasty. Metal bucket with some gasolina is working just fine today. Plan is to hit it hard tomorrow and get the majority of the disc conversion done front and rear. Won't be plumbed and I forgot to buy the master cylinder this morning.
Got the parking brake all cleaned, rebuilt, and installed. Need to modify the firewall as the cable is alittle newer and different.

Been cleaning parts all weekend. Thanks to a helping hand from my friend Mark. We got the gas tank pulled, rear end drum brakes removed, replaced some seals, and it's ready for discs. The tank is in pretty good shape. I washed it down and repainted. Didn't get all my parts in time, so no front tear down yet.

65 LV 049s.jpg

65 LV 050s.jpg

65 LV 052s.jpg

65 LV 051s.jpg

65 LV 053s.jpg

It was good seeing you today Jack. Thanks for mentioning this thread so i can watch your progress. All your rigs are very nice and it will be good to see this LV back on the road.

:cheers:

Was good to see ya too. I'll have to drive the wagon down when I get it done.

Repalced a seal I messed up when I rebuilt the parking drum on the back of the tcase. No leaks no. Bought a seal driver set...lol. Got my rotor centers opened up thanks to Lost Off Road (Chris Kredit) and his lathe. Going to finish the rear disc conversion tonite. Then tear down the front and get ready to add the disc brakes and rebuild the knuckles. :cheers:
The to do list is still pretty long, but it's getting shorter. By the time it's drivable, the temps outside should be nice. Which is good cause it doesn't have ac.......at least not yet. :)

I have been doing the electrolysis trick on my bad parts for a while now. Really works great to get the big stuff off. I typically just do 12 hours or so (limit of my timer on the battery charger). Most of the stuff falls off, then I can clean up the rest of the way.

I have been doing the electrolysis trick on my bad parts for a while now. Really works great to get the big stuff off. I typically just do 12 hours or so (limit of my timer on the battery charger). Most of the stuff falls off, then I can clean up the rest of the way.

I need to try that out. I was reading about it on a forum for old gas pressure lanterns. For cleaning the founts. Plus I love working smarter and not harder.......:grinpimp:

BAM. Rear disc brakes. I love the contrast between the new and the crust.:cool:

65 LV 054s.jpg

65 LV 055s.jpg

65 LV 056s.jpg

I have my plan for the brake lines pretty much figured out. Going to buy pre flared lengths of hard line. Weld tabs where needed and get custom length soft lines to fill in the rest.

After some grinding on the knuckle balls, the front is ready for reassembley.

65 LV 057s.jpg

65 LV 058s.jpg

Awesome!

Wishing I had a LV... And subscribed to learn.

:cheers:

Wow Jack, keep this pace up and youll be done in no time!

Put some gas in the tank and fired it up. Next is brake plumbing and wiring. For now I plan to reuse most of the original harness after some cleaning and repairs.
I need to find all the parts for the throttle. It was recomended to me to use a cable type as it would be easiest to adapt to my 65/74 parts combo. Anybody have that stuff for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom