Builds after KOH LV build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan to hit it after KOH this year. I want to road trip this thing. Like some wheeling and mtn biking in CO next year...

this is how I got it from Bman..............;)

when I got it.............
lv1.jpg
pix 131.jpg

Let's call it the......................."Afro Man" build...............
downsized_1217100951.jpg

It is not the one from SD. It has been in AZ for awhile. Supposedly it sat in Jerome for years. It's in fair condition. The floors are shot and there's some holes in the bottom of the rear corners. The rest is pretty solid. Just a sweet patina and some surface rust.;)
Plan is V8, Cruiser 4 speed, tcase and axles, some disc brakes, air conditioning and power steering.. It won't be one for the purists but it will be super fun to drive and that's the plan. Roadtrips.:grinpimp:

SNT 11 would be a good goal

Last edited:
I removed the front bumper brackets. Then cleaned and straightend up the frame horns.

Wagons rule:grinpimp:
pix 168s.jpg
pix 169s.jpg
pix 170s.jpg

Well, it's been a year since this thread was updated. Man time flies
tongue.gif

I pulled the LV out of hiding this weekend and actually got some work done on it. Didn't get any pix though
homersimpson.gif

I changed my plans for the build, once again, and decided to get it together using stock or at least Toyota parts that I have laying around.

With the help of some friends, we swapped out the front axle with a later model version, 1972, which will get some disc brakes eventually. We cleaned and painted the firewall and inner fenders. Then installed a 1974 F motor with 4 speed trans and tcase.

I'll get some pix asap
grinpimp.gif

Well, here's a couple crappy cell phone pix of the "new" engine and the engine compartment.
Last picture is what I have been doing instead of working on the LV:cool:
downsized_0406121813.jpg
downsized_0428121211.jpg
IMG959001.jpg

Jack, Good to see you still have the LV. Been through hell over the past few years and still never found that bucket of bits for that truck. I will keep looking though. When I find it I will let ya know. I did find one interior door handle a week ago that I think is a 67 style LV handle. It's kind of a flipper style like a later split screen VW bus would have. I will set it aside for ya.

It's all good. I have been slowly, very slowly, getting some things done. I swapped in some later axles that will get disc brakes at some point. I would be farther along but life and racing has gotten in the way. The LV is safely stashed in yard under a Costco carport tent deal.

Bringing this thread and the LV back from the dead. I have neglected this wagon and it has sit too long. Started cleaning up parts and bolting them back on. Motor will run in a few days. Abiltity to cruise happening soon. I PROMISE:grinpimp:

65 LV 008s.jpg

65 LV 009s.jpg

65 LV 012s.jpg

65 LV 013s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom