Events/Trails 8th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet / Charity Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are a number of people who played a vital role in this event ……. (In no particular order). 😊
* A special shout-out to the people who attended and paid to do so. We will have the final numbers for the charity in a few day.
* Kim and Rob Smith of Odd Iron Off Road who not only did a lot of the prep and cooking for the evening meals but allowed their cabin to be β€œcommand central” for the event.
* Steve Wharton and his wife who volunteered to help cook on Saturday night.
* The folks from β€œAppalachia Cruisers”, Lee
Sumner and of course Sam Houston who volunteered their time to guide which as always is greatly appreciated. πŸ‘

Last edited:
Some teaser pics, the rest should be uploaded by later tonight in a Google Photos album, I'll post the link as soon as they are done. Nothing will top my coverage of last years event since I didn't have a rig to drive. Did my best while having to wheel the troopy.

_DSC6114.jpg

_DSC5849.jpg
_DSC6406.jpg
_DSC6429.jpg
_DSC6433.jpg

It was an absolute blast this year, was great to meet a bunch of new faces and see a bunch of old friends. I would like to thank Charles, Sam, and everyone behind the scenes, on behalf of pretty much everyone for putting together such a fun time.

There are a number of people who played a vital role in this event ……. (In no particular order). 😊
* A special shout-out to the people who attended and paid to do so. We will have the final numbers for the charity in a few day.
* Kim and Rob Smith of Odd Iron Off Road who not only did a lot of the prep and cooking for the evening meals but allowed their cabin to be β€œcommand central” for the event.
* Steve Wharton and his wife who volunteered to help cook on Saturday night.
* The folks from β€œAppalachia Cruisers”, Lee
Sumner and of course Sam Houston who volunteered their time to guide which as always is greatly appreciated. πŸ‘
Great event!

It was our pleasure, we had a big time with a great group of folks!

Some teaser pics, the rest should be uploaded by later tonight in a Google Photos album, I'll post the link as soon as they are done. Nothing will top my coverage of last years event since I didn't have a rig to drive. Did my best while having to wheel the troopy.

View attachment 3439331
View attachment 3439330View attachment 3439332View attachment 3439333View attachment 3439334

It was an absolute blast this year, was great to meet a bunch of new faces and see a bunch of old friends. I would like to thank Charles, Sam, and everyone behind the scenes, on behalf of pretty much everyone for putting together such a fun time.
Thank you for being so helpful on the trails and capture this moment for the crew! Cant wait to see the pics

Lunch break on Saturday. A slightly better view than your average Cracker Barrel. 😁
IMG_4937.jpeg

70 SERIES MEET & GREET 2023
----------------------------------
The link is above, this is a collaborative album so feel free to add your own photos and videos you may have. Or just post them here in this thread. If you know anyone who isn't on mud much that came to the event please send them the link.

For anyone not familiar with Google Photos, on a computer go to the upper right corner, press the 3 dots and click download or hold "Shift+D" if you want to download a photo. Feel free to use any of mine for anything and everything, advertisements, business, articles, Instagram, etc.
It was a great, can't wait to see everyone next year.

I'm the guy with the LX 470 who blew his radiator and alternator during the mud crossing...

1000008485.jpg

Super pleased to report that I've made the 500 mile trip home safely. I can't express enough how thankful I am for all the support I received the last two days - knowing that other people had my back made a world of difference. And I learned a lot about my vehicle as well.

If anyone ends up in the DC area, hit me up - lunch/dinner is on me.

Hope to see everyone again at the next one!

- Liam

Great event as usual.
Just wanted to thank everyone for getting me out of the trail safely. Unfortunate, but is good to have the support.
Thanks again, and will see you next time.
PS: came home to a different kind of carnage by ophelia on the NC coast.

IMG_2726.jpeg

Before this thread slowly slips into the β€œback forty” I would like to express a deep appreciation to those who attended, those who stepped forward to offer their guiding services and those that made sure everyone was fed every night. Going forward, this will continue to be a β€œcharity event” focused on the ALS FOUNDATION.
Although we haven’t picked an exact date yet the event will continue to be held in late September of each year.
We now have everyone’s email address (through the registration process) so expect a β€œfriendly reminder” next Summer. 😁

** For those that didn’t attend this years event and would like to be notified just reach out to me. πŸ‘

I'm the guy with the LX 470 who blew his radiator and alternator during the mud crossing...

View attachment 3439626

Super pleased to report that I've made the 500 mile trip home safely. I can't express enough how thankful I am for all the support I received the last two days - knowing that other people had my back made a world of difference. And I learned a lot about my vehicle as well.

- Liam
Glad to hear you made it back!
Thanks for riding shotgun on Saturday. Loads of fun.

John

Having a large capacity fuel tank is both a blessing and a curse. 😊
720+ kms (topped off right outside of Windrock in Oak Ridge, TN). Drove 8 hours without stopping for fuel.
Iβ€˜m to lazy to do the conversion between metric (aka Canadian VooDoo) and β€˜Merican but I think the fuel economy is fairly good.
IMG_4941.jpeg

IMG_4942.jpeg

70 SERIES MEET & GREET 2023
----------------------------------
The link is above, this is a collaborative album so feel free to add your own photos and videos you may have. Or just post them here in this thread. If you know anyone who isn't on mud much that came to the event please send them the link.

For anyone not familiar with Google Photos, on a computer go to the upper right corner, press the 3 dots and click download or hold "Shift+D" if you want to download a photo. Feel free to use any of mine for anything and everything, advertisements, business, articles, Instagram, etc.
It was a great, can't wait to see everyone next year.
Thanks for all the great camera work you left an incredibly positive impression on everyone around!

You and your crew were a blast to have on the trail and welcome to join us on club rides anytime!

View attachment 3439626

- Liam
Excellent news!!! Great to have you on the trail, enjoyed your positive attitude!

I am sure you had plenty of Monday morning stories!

Having a large capacity fuel tank is both a blessing and a curse. 😊
720+ kms (topped off right outside of Windrock in Oak Ridge, TN). Drove 8 hours without stopping for fuel.
Iβ€˜m to lazy to do the conversion between metric (aka Canadian VooDoo) and β€˜Merican but I think the fuel economy is fairly good.View attachment 3439914

View attachment 3439915
Can’t believe you skipped Buc ees’!

I usually time gas stops like a Nascar race for a brisket sandwich and facilities visit!!!

Can’t believe you skipped Buc ees’!

I usually time gas stops like a Nascar race for a brisket sandwich and facilities visit!!!
Oh trust me, we stopped there on the way up. 😁

What a cool setup with the tent this one is! I remember seeing it for sale a little while back.

Jeez now I have to find ANOTHER frp top…

View attachment 3439999

Yeah, I love my Troopy but that Cruiser there made me jealous. Really clean, efficient, go anywhere do anything setup. And driven by a really cool Russian, to boot.

The Meet and Greet was a really international event - lots of different languages and accents and experiences and stories.

Yeah, I love my Troopy but that Cruiser there made me jealous. Really clean, efficient, go anywhere do anything setup. And driven by a really cool Russian, to boot.

The Meet and Greet was a really international event - lots of different languages and accents and experiences and stories.
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Russia and Pakistan for starters. 😊

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Russia and Pakistan for starters. 😊
And a fair share of venezuelans! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom