Where Has Your 80 Taken You?: 80 Series Camping/Overland/Adventure Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I could convince my wife, I'd live somewhere in BC. By far, it seems like that's the best place for me to be. If I could do my full time IT job, come home to a roof top tent pitched on one of the cruisers, I could save some serious money. Just curios, how many people do you guys fit in these roof top tents?

Here are a few from tennessee and florida.

Just curios, how many people do you guys fit in these roof top tents?

In mine, 2 adults quite comfortably. It's pretty much the same size as a double, almost a queen, but much longer.
We have had us and the 2 kids ( 7 & 10) up there as well, with one of the kids sleeping across at our feet. That works, except that they still squirm so much in their sleep. We usually put them to sleep in the camping bed in the back of the truck, easier to explain the huge windstorm in the night that had the truck rocking back and forth to them in the morning :D

Great thread and idea! Always good to see other peoples terrain :beer:

007.jpg

014.jpg

099.jpg

Some fabulous photos. I've got cabin fever.

Location? It reminds me of places I've been in CA, NV, and even UT, but I'm going to guess WY? Am I close?

Eastern Sierra outside Bishop. We spent two days (and nights) bouldering...

that's gandy beach on the Clearwater side

Met for a CSC run, stopped by this line cabin, then a few of us stayed to camp above San Tan Canyon near Roosevelt Lake central AZ

lineup.jpg

camp.jpg

san tan canyon.jpg

camp2.jpg

0222141731a.jpg

OOoo..Loreto! :princess: and I were married at "The Whales Inn Resort" there.

Would really love to go back there, in the 80! it was a beautiful area and still one of the best steaks I've ever had at one of the restaurants in town, the pink hotel with the swimming pool on the roof...forget the name.

Neighbor and I are replacing our fence. The winch came in handy when pulling the old concrete out. Figured I'd sleep in my tent last night while it was back there.

I wish I had a cool RTT. We built a sleeping platform inside the cruiser instead. These are from outside Loreto in Baja California Sur in January.

I freaking LOVE baja cali but haven't been in years due to safety issues across the boarder. Hell my mexican friends won't even go to mexico.

How do you determine where is safe to stay?

Honestly? We just kind of winged it. We straight shotted it down through the mainland from Laredo to Mazatlan (we started in NC) and took a ferry across to the Baja. Other than a hotel on the mainland, we stayed in the 80 every night on the side of the road or on the beach somewhere. We were pretty cautious going into it, but never ended up feeling unsafe.

We went through probably half a dozen military checkpoints, but once they realized we didn't have any drogas or armas de fuego they would joke around and wave us on.

Well, what can I say. Beautiful places over there!

Some pics from the mountains on the Spanish-French border

IMG_4727.JPG

A lot of nice camping spots over there!

IMG_4842.JPG

We met some English guys on the same route and camped together a few nights. Two defenders and one 80.

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

I freaking LOVE baja cali but haven't been in years due to safety issues across the boarder. **** my mexican friends won't even go to mexico.

How do you determine where is safe to stay?

anything south of the border and you'll be ok. north of the border? no bueno!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom