Registry 60-series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1) 1989 FJ62
2) Eddie
3) Nothing has stuck yet.
4) 165K
5) Stock and Untouched
6) Weekend Warrior.

Bought this wagon 1.5 weeks ago and drove it from AZ to Texas (900 miles) with zero issues. It has always lived in AZ. Zero rust and was garage kept. I bought it from the second owner who put less than 20K miles on it since 2000. Planning on the usual 2.5 inch OME Heavy, 33x10.50 BFG AT KO2s, FJ40 Steelies with dog dishes, 4Plus front bumper w/winch and already contacted TorFab for a 5.3 Vortec swap sometime next year.

1. 1988 land cruiser FJ62
2. Neel
3. 190K
5. None- Bone stock
6. Weekend

s-l1600 (1).jpg

1. 1989 FJ62
2. J Corona
3. Goldie
4. 254,868
5. OME lift on BFG MT 33"s; Replaced catalytic converter; Magnaflow muffler with 2.5" exhaust tubing
6. Camping, Off-Roading, and "running errands" (basically any excuse I can think of to drive it)

Got this beauty a month ago, did a basic maintenance fluid and filters change, did not pass smog test; replaced cat, muffler and exhaust tubing, ran it a couple of miles and yesterday passed the smog, so f'in happy!

*This picture was taken in Baja, Mexico just a couple of days after buying the car, took it on a 4 day trial by fire expedition and performed flawlessly. :)

14947569_10157848225005106_5490263289635615953_n.jpg

What are the regulations in Japan about lift / tires / general mods ..?

Well, this is our first 4x4, so I can only imagine it has to follow the same rules as passenger cars. One of the big rules here about tires, is that they cannot extend out past the fenders. If you choose to run fender flares to accommodate wider tires it needs to reflect on your title that the vehicle is "XX"mm wider than factory. As far as lift goes, I can only imagine it is restricted by headlight/taillight height, like America. Other then that, the vehicle just has to stay leak-free and appear to be mechanically sound, I.e.:ball joints, lights, smoke, structural rust, etc
Are you in Japan or bringing it back from Japan. I would assume that whatever it has on it when you buy it in Japan is legal in Japan.
We are currently in Japan, yes, and we definitely plan to bring it back to America sometime around 2018. Yes, everything you see in the picture on our LC is legal in Japan. Upon purchasing the vehicle, we had the company that found the LC for us do the JCI inspection (Japanese Compulsionary Inspection) before ownership.

Ummmmm. The only pic i had in my phone. A little "urban stuck". Went to make a u turn on the shoulder and because of hi grass misjudged the "edge". Kind of embarrassing as the Dutch had NO room to maneuver and as hard as I tried, with street tires, I couldn't get out. Had to get a strap to help.
Did that in a Taurus a few years back. I backed up out of a long driveway in Issaquah and ran through a culvert. That is the day I understood what an open diff was.

Well, this is our first 4x4, so I can only imagine it has to follow the same rules as passenger cars. One of the big rules here about tires, is that they cannot extend out past the fenders. If you choose to run fender flares to accommodate wider tires it needs to reflect on your title that the vehicle is "XX"mm wider than factory. As far as lift goes, I can only imagine it is restricted by headlight/taillight height, like America. Other then that, the vehicle just has to stay leak-free and appear to be mechanically sound, I.e.:ball joints, lights, smoke, structural rust, etc

We are currently in Japan, yes, and we definitely plan to bring it back to America sometime around 2018. Yes, everything you see in the picture on our LC is legal in Japan. Upon purchasing the vehicle, we had the company that found the LC for us do the JCI inspection (Japanese Compulsionary Inspection) before ownership.
You should be fine. I bought mine in Okinawa earlier this year and had the Dealer do the JCI as well. Processed it with the local U.S Army TMO, JSVRO, and had it shipped to the States. As long as your truck is G-to-G for JCI, you should have no problem. This my HJ60 that I brought from Okinawa.

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

1. 1989 FJ62
2. J Corona
3. Goldie
4. 254,868
5. OME lift on BFG MT 33"s; Replaced catalytic converter; Magnaflow muffler with 2.5" exhaust tubing
6. Camping, Off-Roading, and "running errands" (basically any excuse I can think of to drive it)

Got this beauty a month ago, did a basic maintenance fluid and filters change, did not pass smog test; replaced cat, muffler and exhaust tubing, ran it a couple of miles and yesterday passed the smog, so f'in happy!

*This picture was taken in Baja, Mexico just a couple of days after buying the car, took it on a 4 day trial by fire expedition and performed flawlessly. :)

View attachment 1349643

Where in Baja?

You should be fine. I bought mine in Okinawa earlier this year and had the Dealer do the JCI as well. Processed it with the local U.S Army TMO, JSVRO, and had it shipped to the States. As long as your truck is G-to-G for JCI, you should have no problem. This my HJ60 that I brought from Okinawa.

View attachment 1349770

View attachment 1349771
Wow, very nice LC. I pray our journey home is just as smooth as yours. Love the wheels btw.

1. 1989 FJ62
2. J Corona
3. Goldie
4. 254,868

View attachment 1349643

I love how this thing sits! Awesome job

1. 1985 FJ60
2. Nathan Christian
3. No name yet, just purchased today, 11.27.16.
4. 150,831 at time of purchase.
5. None
6. Daily driver.

Just purchased this rig today, 11.27.16. She's dirty from sitting under a tree but she got me home and now the adventure begins. First plans are fluids change and cleaning. Then replace some misc bits before I tackle OME lift and 33s.

vWyMHbR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom