Registry 60-series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1984 Toyota FJ60
2. Mark
3. Big Brown
4. 207k - New to me! Purchased out of Estes Park, CO previously was owned by the pharmacist in Aspen, CO. Third owner
5. No Mods, just a list of repair work as the second owner was a bit of a slob & age related items
Short Term
-Already installed new front door window regulators
-Windshield Wipers Motor Needs replaced
-New Windshield
-Rust is minor, but it does have the typical, fender & tailgate rust
-Probably should look at plugs, cap & rotor, and wires
-need to inspect brakes, but have paperwork from PO stating overhall done in 2011.
-need to remove a dent from the drivers side passenger door
-need to tighten up the steering it seems a bit loose
Mid Term
-Steering knuckles need rebuild
-leaky front diff
-recharge the a/c system (for summer 2017)
Long Term
-Would Love to do a H55F swap as driving on the highway is tough with 4 gears in the west.
-Lift & moderately bigger tires maybe 33"s
-Overhaul the 2F
6. How you use the truck
- Winter Commuter to work when the weather is bad, normal commute is by bicycle
- Ski Commuter on powder days
- would love to try my hand at some mild off roading
- camp vehicle
- just enjoy it!

View attachment 1337794
I've got some tools you'll need for the knuckles if you don't already have 'em. I also have a transmission Jack that's set up to handle fj60 transmissions if you ever need! I'm in south Boulder.

1. 1986 FJ60
2. Acerock
3. Shogun
4. 281,xxx
5. Bought it lifted, not much else known
6. DD, Camping, Exploring

I have a lot planned. I am going to first make it more reliable for dd, replace some gaskets, odds and ends like headlights, wipers, plug & wires, maybe all vacuum lines. then the fun begins. I have planned: Cut a hole in bezel where ashtray sits and above for double din radio w/ xm, cb or ham (don't know which yet) in stock radio hole, Front bumper(looking at ARB or similar), Rear bumper (I like the 4+ looks and functionality), Lockers front and rear, Chromoly shafts, yukon 3.73's, Im going to look into a long range fuel tank, custom build some fiberglass woofer enclosures for a 10&12 sub(gotta get that good range). From there, I will see what I can't live without.

20161017_132239.jpg

1. 1989 62
2. Abby (My wife)
3. None, yet
4. I should probably know this
5. No idea
6. The wife's fun vehicle
7. A single photo – not very big, to save disk space
I read the thing about hosting, but this is my own hosting and I never delete stuff.

lc-sho.jpg

I'll get a picture with a better camera soon. Anyone know the name of that color combo?

Ummmmm. The only pic i had in my phone. A little "urban stuck". Went to make a u turn on the shoulder and because of hi grass misjudged the "edge". Kind of embarrassing as the Dutch had NO room to maneuver and as hard as I tried, with street tires, I couldn't get out. Had to get a strap to help.

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

Murf, what's the story on that truck?

it was a super clean 1986 and had a H55 5 Speed . One of our clients had us go over it and make it mechanically 100% then sold it on EBay.

It went to a new home in CA to the guy who produces the adventure shows for Bear Grylls - hopefully will be seen in an upcoming show I am hoping!

By the way the roof rack in the picture is for sale ($250) - anyone interested, please contact me as he had to leave it here at the store.

it was a super clean 1986 and had a H55 5 Speed . One of our clients had us go over it and make it mechanically 100% then sold it on EBay.

It went to a new home in CA to the guy who produces the adventure shows for Bear Grylls - hopefully will be seen in an upcoming show I am hoping!

By the way the roof rack in the picture is for sale ($250) - anyone interested, please contact me as he had to leave it here at the store.

Will this rack's clearance fit a high roof HJ61?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom