2nd Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet and Greet and Trailride - Sept23-25, 2016 - Oliver Springs, TN (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck is cleaned up and fueled. Hoping that fuel shortages do not cause an issue this weekend.

I will arrive midday on Thursday and pre-run a couple of trails, hope to be off the mountain and back in ton by 6PM or so. I would suggest that we plan on meeting at the Comfort Inn at 8:15 on Friday and Saturday morning to run over to Coal Creek / Windrock Park where we'll meet folks who are camping at the main lot (not the lot at the campground) for a 9 AM trail departure.

Permits are required and can be bought at both the campground and the snack shack at the main parking lot.

Come with a lunch and drinks for lunch along the trail. We'll try to arrange a scenic stop for lunch on both days.

I thought WanderingWhitlows was posting video from this get together, my bad
The actual event starts Friday morning and more or less ends Saturday night. Thursday and Sunday are basically travel days.

Plans have changed once again and it looks like I'll be rolling out of the St. Louis area around lunch time to meet you guys. One problem, I haven't got a place to sleep and since I added the FlipPac to the Tacoma I have no ground tent. Anyone have any space for one?

Plans have changed once again and it looks like I'll be rolling out of the St. Louis area around lunch time to meet you guys. One problem, I haven't got a place to sleep and since I added the FlipPac to the Tacoma I have no ground tent. Anyone have any space for one?
I have a cabin at Windrock. It has two bunk beds. Two lower bunks are spoken for, you are welcome to one of the top bunks.
Chris

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I know there are some concerns about fuel availability. @1978HJ45 and I have done a bit of research and local knowledge indicates some spotty shortages in Western NC but North GA, and East TN appear to have pretty reasonable supplies of both diesel and gasoline. I can say that in the Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC areas, outages are very spotty - ie, there is no issue finding fuel.

Hoping that a little "blown outta proportion by the press" issue does not keep folks home.

I'm finally back in the good ole U.S. of A. and I'll be fueling up the Cruiser in the morning so I can head out early Thursday morning. Look forward to seeing everyone again this year.

image.jpg
Oak Ridge forecast......

As I mentioned earlier, several of us will be arriving Thursday afternoon. For those that plan to arrive later that day or on Friday give me a shout @ 229-221-8606 once you get there for more info.

My ex .... :rimshot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom