2016 FJ 45 Run: Sourgrass, CA (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

damn...was gonna try to make it this time around...but I needs to head south for a weddin' that weekend...

Heather and the West Coast Wheeler are making the trip !

Yep, plane ticket also acquired and working on a raffle donation. Looking forward to it. I've been trying to get to this for years, and now I finally have wheels out there to make it happen.

if we have a camp fire permit, are the allowed down there, just wondering for food cooking

Things are really coming together. New 60 Dizzzy and coil installed, New tires for the trailer, brakes are done, Filters, Aussie Locker for the rear is on the shop bench and if it works out I will get my Factory PTO installed. Plan is hit the 45 run then hear North to Reno spend the night then hook up with @45Kevin somewhere then Team Moab and Kurt @cruiseroutfit during the week and wheel some of Utah's finest trailer ending up at SLC and Cruiserfest. Gonna be another Epic journey for the Ol 45

NCM_5196.JPG

NCM_5197.JPG

NCM_5204.JPG

NCM_5201.JPG

NCM_5203.JPG

Hey Rob, what advantage do you get with the 60 dizzy? I just hauled my old 78 dizzy out and it turns out the vacuum advance is seized. It's soaking in penetrating fluid right now, but I have a perfectly good 60 dizzy. I'd need a different coil I guess.

What tires?

The 60 dizzy does not have points and with the coil its bullet proof. The trailer tires are LT215/85R16 Coopers S/Y I am running a set of 33" Big O tires on the 45 for this trip

if we have a camp fire permit, are the allowed down there, just wondering for food cooking
No campfires, restrictions are in effect. You still need the permit for stoves, etc.

I know @GW Nugget was wanting to go, and with my new job situation, it just might happen for us.

I know @GW Nugget was wanting to go, and with my new job situation, it just might happen for us.
I really want to go I have been wanting to go for years last year was a blown head gasket. Now my wife has a tentative bending gallbladder surgery scheduled the week before so it's all up in the air right now.

Last edited:
Nuts...Wife has given me little choice, she needs help with the horses at Point Reyes. I'll miss the disco ball.....unless I figure out a way to sneak out.

Chances are getting better and better that I'll be able to make it this year, but I won't be in my 60. I don't particularly want to bring my 4runner down the trail with its extra low clearance and completely bald tires though so I may hike/bike, or try to hitch a ride with someone in from the trailhead.

(...before someone says it, yeah... I know the Hyundai story...)

Chances are getting better and better that I'll be able to make it this year, but I won't be in my 60. I don't particularly want to bring my 4runner down the trail with its extra low clearance and completely bald tires though so I may hike/bike, or try to hitch a ride with someone in from the trailhead.

(...before someone says it, yeah... I know the Hyundai story...)
Hey, it made it!

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom