1996 Black Toyota Land Cruiser 94k Miles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking rig. I am anxious to see what you do with it.

NICE! I'm jealous. Congrats. Great find.

not even rust to be seen on the running boards... very nice. At some point in my life I think I have owned a veh with every color of interior. I think the wildest was this funky 1975 Thunderbird that had copper leather interior and matching shag carpet. Anyway, in my experience, one of the best colors to maintain and stays looking clean is grey. Nice find.

Awesome paint. nice pickup.

there literally was 0 rust on the car when i got it up to Boston last September, now after a little less than 6,000 miles and parking on the street in Boston (with Salt) it still has nearly 0 rust (besides just the tiny bit around the suspension components etc..)

i bought the tail lights and the rest of my clear lenses from an ebay realtor, see my sig for a link to the thread where i listed all of the information!

would it be a waste of my time to put on 305 70 R16's if i plan to get a 2.5 inch lift next summer? would they look too small and would i be longing for 315's?

thanks for the compliments, i love this truck!

yeah i still think i got a decent deal on it, you always hear about people finding these creampuff 8o's for 5 grand, but in my area the only ones being sold for that price were beat to hell, and because traveling for a truck was not really something i wanted to deal with i was limited to looking where my brother lives in florida and in my area. i do recommend to everyone who is looking in the north east though take a look at the southern states, having a totally rust free cruiser is a real bonus up here!

Definitely go w/ the 315's. I had my 315's for less than a month and wish I would've gone bigger.:lol: 315's look "normal" on an 80.:)

I'm sure you probably have seen the issues that can be had with the lower shock eye bolt in the rear suspension, but with the talk of bigger tires (& the resulting lift you'll be getting) - if that rig is really that corrosion free ATM, I'd get a jar of "never-seize" & coat the threads of that lower bolt now - and pull, coat & retorque any other bolts you want to not cause you grief down the line.

If the rear bolts need the common few days of thread penetrating fluid & heat, then at least you'll be doing it on your own terms & once pulled & coated, you'll be golden regardless of the lift happening next year or in a few years down the line.

I was fortunate enough my LC came to me via California, but a jar of never-seize has kept the threads on all my junk in great shape - can't overstate how nice it is to work jobs where the threads don't fight you, you know what I mean?

some updated photos of the truck in winter mode,

added Thule roof rack and wind deflector, along with lots and lots of 87 petrol.

Current Millage 102,676 Miles, still running like a champ, not a problem to report. :beer:

on to the Photos,

1: my 100k millage roll over!
scaled.php

Winter Mode,

12152011060.jpg

12152011061.jpg

12152011063.jpg

Please excuse me my awful camera phone photos, took these on my walk to work this morning.. thought they came out better than this :whoops:

there literally was 0 rust on the car when i got it up to Boston last September, now after a little less than 6,000 miles and parking on the street in Boston (with Salt) it still has nearly 0 rust (besides just the tiny bit around the suspension components etc..)

i bought the tail lights and the rest of my clear lenses from an ebay realtor, see my sig for a link to the thread where i listed all of the information!

would it be a waste of my time to put on 305 70 R16's if i plan to get a 2.5 inch lift next summer? would they look too small and would i be longing for 315's?

thanks for the compliments, i love this truck!

Nice cruiser! I would go to home depot and buy a bunch of cans of cheap rustoleum spray paint and coat the sh!t out of the undercarriage to "slow" down the rust process.

With 1.5" spacers, you should be able to run 315s now...as long as you dont do any serious wheeling until the 2.5" lift

is that really something people do? Paint their whole under carriages with spray paint to combat potential rust?

Thats what i did... high pressure steam wash, couple rags soaked in acetone (30 min of prep) and then 15-20 min of spraying. Cheap, quick, and effective...even if you have to do it yearly.

I used POR 15 on the frame but the prep work is time consuming. I'd just stick w/ spraypaint

Hey everyone, so i have a little update of my cruiser! :popcorn:

this spring some punks decided to egg and key every car on my block! well although having your car messed with sucks really badly, at least i have very good insurance and a 250 dollar deducible as well as an excellent body shop i know of.

So I brought the cruiser in to have the work done, and i was assuming they were going to paint maybe 2 of the doors and maybe buff the rest of the car because the insurance company told me they would give me around 800 bucks for the damages.. Well after about a week and a half I get a call back from the body shop and as it turns out they were able to convince the insurance company to repaint nearly the whole car (everything except the roof and rear hatch), AND replace all of the fender flairs as well as the gaskets because when the shop tried to remove the original ones they nearly fell apart! All in all my 250 dollar deducitble was all I had to pay, but the repair bill on my 96 Land Cruiser (now with 104,705 miles on it) was $4,896.22 :eek:

Needless to say the truck looks absolutely incredible now, I waited a few weeks for the paint to get set up but just today I went out and put on a couple coats of wax and buffed the whole car and took some photos!

On to the photos,
Enjoy :flipoff2:

dscn0043n.jpg

dscn0045l.jpg

dscn0044nm.jpg

dscn0031l.jpg

dscn0033r.jpg

Thanks for looking :beer:

Last edited:
Beautiful truck.

Almost makes me wish I hadn't gone down the road of projecting mine...almost.

I wouldn't trust myself with such a pristine truck.
Good work and I look forward to the progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom