18 inch wheels & 35s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone here running 18" wheels on 35s? if so pics? just curious about it that's all

I guess not . Did you ever end up running 18's and 35's? I'm looking for a set of 18's to put some winters on and having a hell of a time finding any that I like.

17's here - about the largest I'd run on the 80 ...

17's here - about the largest I'd run on the 80 ...

This may be a dumb question but why is that?

I'm looking to get the biggest winter rated tires I can find as my 80 is geared 5.29. I'm looking at the 285/75/18 Duratracs because they should be a tad bit taller than the 35x12's and I like that they are a fare bit narrower. Having a hell of a time finding wheels to put them on though.

Yes. Couple folks have posted 35s of some variety of 4 runner 18’s. 7.5” wide i believe. I was after some for the 36x13.5r18 km2 before they dissapeared with the 345s

Last edited:
Yes, that's a dumb question?

No. Yes, people have run them. Was just a bit trigger happy but its been discussed before in other threads. Edited my post as well.

So 285 on an 18” wheel is a tad bigger than 35x12x? Stock or 18? Just curious.

No. Yes, people have run them. Was just a bit trigger happy but its been discussed before in other threads. Edited my post as well.

So 285 on an 18” wheel is a tad bigger than 35x12x? Stock or 18? Just curious.

No real life experience on the matter. Just going off the sizes listed on Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires

They say the outer diameter of the 35x12.5r17 and r18 is 34.8" and have the 285/75/18 at 35.1". The bigger attraction for me is the width at 11.2 inches instead of 12.5. That should do a lot better in ice and snow.

I'm looking at duratracs strictly as a winter season tire because I spend more time in snow and less time wheeling when the weather sucks. I run 37's on 16's right now.

I've spent a long time on the threads sesrching today, found some good options guys are running for 18" wheels but nothing available locally. Still looking for the perfect match though.

I've thoroughly hijacked this old thread now but something tells me the OP won't care too much...

SCS might have an 18" or Black Rhino could - both make solid rims for the $

871C5F1A-C6B7-4FB7-AB68-830BF7A0EED5.jpeg
I’m running 37’s on 20’s. These are Black Rhino Armory. They also come in 18”. Should be about the same scale of wheel and sidewall.

What they hell are all those fake bolts for? A fake beadlock and a fake 6x203mm bolt circle?

View attachment 1794958 I’m running 37’s on 20’s. These are Black Rhino Armory. They also come in 18”. Should be about the same scale of wheel and sidewall.

What they hell are all those fake bolts for? A fake beadlock and a fake 6x203mm bolt circle?
Obviously zero functional value... but you weren’t asking a question, you were making fun of my rims.

No I was asking. And what are the allen bolts for? Is there some kind of cover they hold on?

Obviously zero functional value... but you weren’t asking a question, you were making fun of my rims.

Allen screws are for the center caps
CBB2CEA0-E2A3-4E3C-8364-6020AA89797E.jpeg

As noted the Rays 18's are pretty slick...... I ran their 20's on my 200....23lbs a rim

I hate 20's and I hate unnecessarily gaudy/dressy wheels, but for some reason, that combo posted above is sorta doin' it for me :confused: :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom