wtf of the day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
i've seen some pretty jacked up springs (hhhhmmmmm pinnacles), but this is really fawked! i really like the exhaust saddle clamp they used to hold the last few springs together.

btw, congrats to timbuck2...newest addition to the fj40 family (he will be putting new springs on:D )
DSC01002.JPG
DSC01001.JPG
DSC01003.JPG

Must have come loose and then hung up on something. Did you just pick this up? That pic alone would have made me very afraid about the condition of the rest of the truck. From what I can see the body looks good though.

Last edited:
How in the?.....It looks like...WTF?!!

looks like it has potential seems the body is solid a liitle work couple hundred bucks and it will be good as new good luck and nice truck

I have some pinnacle springs should timbuck2 needs some. Best dang springs in the world. Bought through the best dang vendor in the world.

Nice truck! keep her blue!

RED NECK engineering marvel use what ever is in the facinity. I've seen a couple wraps of barbed wire limp a spring off the trail. Thats a first with an exhaust clamp. :)

Rig has plenty potential

it really does have lots of potential. minimal work on the body. he's getting a powertrain out of a 60 to pop in there, refinish the seats and he's basically ready to rock

OK, that was very strange...clicked on the link without noticing who posted it, and the first thing I see is ME! :) Tons of thanks again for helping me wrestle that out of the storage yard and ever so gently placed in my garage. :) I will be starting a thread and post plenty of pics, including anything else I find as WTF as that pic!

T

OK, that was very strange...clicked on the link without noticing who posted it, and the first thing I see is ME! :)
T

gotta love it when that happens.
post pics of your progress:cheers:

I saw a mini truck rear spring like that in traffic one day. Instead of an exhaust clamp holding it together they had a bungee cord. :eek:

Looks like someone ran into a really high curb and hit the front shackle hard enough to bend that spring. Or maybe it's those new "S-shaped" anti-wrap springs I've been hearing about. :D

Once I snapped a pack o springs in half about 1/3 of the way from the front bumper. We pulled the u bolts and spring the flipped every other spring around, wrapped it in a roll of duck tape put it back together and drove it off the back of the MT. to the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom