Hamp's new home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

>>>>> Mine is the Aero 3030XL.. muffler and resonator in one. If this is what your Jones version is, just make sure you install it the right way..

J

Ah, mine is separate. Not enough room for combo on the Civic. I bet that makes a difference!

I made a bracket for the oil separator and bolted to the firewall with some rivnuts. I need to clean up the wiring soon!

uploadfromtaptalk1416533153969.jpg

I have an extra can, Mike. Let me know if you want it.

For some reason, the shifter cover was all jacked up. I cut out the jagged section with the plasma cutter and welded in a new piece. It's far from perfect, but looks better than what it was.

uploadfromtaptalk1416683466042.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416683475877.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416683484745.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416683496722.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416683505157.jpg

Last edited:
Heck yeah! Once you clean that up and paint, done. How does that plasma cutter work for that type of operation? I need to get one, someday.

Dave, I'm doing the same thing. Get you one of the "copper spoons." 10 clams at HF. It's t*ts.

Scrapdaddy, I can't speak for the OP, but my plasma cutter might be the best tool I've bought behind the compressor and mig.

I bought one of those when I redid the floors on my old 40. It does work well in preventing burn through.

It's been raining all freaking day. I caught a break and finished wiring up the 10si alternator.

I also installed the tranny hump. It came out OK. [emoji1]

uploadfromtaptalk1416689446603.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416689456169.jpg

Dave, sorry I clog the hell out of your thread with questions, but...

Did you upgrade your wiring harness when you went to the 10SI alternator? What all is involved to go from externally regulated to an internally regulated system? Are you running a voltmeter or ammeter?

The 10si alternator I use can be run as a one wire or three wire setup. The charging wire is a 10 gauge wire that goes straight to the battery. The charge light wire needs to be run to the existing charge light circuit, but I haven't done that yet. The last wire, remote sense, is just jumpered to the battery terminal. I did disconnect the external regulator so the charge warning light isn't on. I think that's where I'll connect to the charge light circuit.

Now you have to paint the floor to match the hump.:) Looks great, what kind of flooring are you using, rubber, carpet?

Thanks. I have no idea on the flooring. I just want to get it on the road!

Ron, your question on what I'm going to do with the floor led me to wonder what I'm going to do with the roof. I'm probably going to do some sort of thin plywood covered with grey fabric. I was also thinking of getting one of those Outback/ARB overhead consoles like what I had in my old FJ62. Searching for one of those led me to an FJCruiser forum post where people were installing GM overhead consoles which can be had for cheap on eBay. I found one going for $45 and got it. We'll see how it turns out.

OverheadConsole.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom