Hamp's new home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
Hamp's new home

Well, Hamp has a new home. I want to thank Jason for dropping it off yesterday. I was kinda sad to see the 40 go, but I have always wanted a pig. We now have 3 pigs in our little cruiserhead group (Jason D, Tucker, and me).

20130608_201758.jpg

20130608_201906.jpg

Last edited:
Just going to do the minimal and enjoy it, but I'm still on the fence about staying SOA or reverting back to stock. Arcteryx (Jason) had some stock axles that would make it easy to go back to stock and run 33s. Just need to decide before buying replacement tires. Long term, SUA would be cheaper, but the pig looks good with big tires and SOA.

Well, Hamp has a new home. I want to thank Jason for dropping it off yesterday. I was kinda sad to see the 40 go, but I have always wanted a pig. We now have 3 pigs in our little cruiserhead group (Jason D, Tucker, and me).

No problem D, glad he is going to a good home. Hamp will like Austin I think. I'm sorry to let him go, its just not the right time with work and a long term project. He has some great potential though.

The 40 (daughter and wife wanna change MACHETE's name) is nestled into its spot for the time being. Will probably work on it little by little, but more than likely be taking it back to WY for storage before summers end.

Tucker/Jason--if I get a work extension I will let you guys know on the bumper fab, paint and bodywork.

It was good meeting up with everybody.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
pleasure finally meeting you reevesci. You're good people, which I already knew. :)

Dave, I'd like to call kurt this week so we can split the cost of shipping on 2 sets of OME suspensions. Keep me posted. You already know my 2 cents :flipoff2:

Dont forget to order that stuff from cruisercorps, including the headliner.

Never got to meet Hamp but I have met J. I'm glad Hamp is in a good place :)

That's a silly clean 55 sir. Congrats.

Wow, that's a great looking pig, is it flat black and white? I can't really tell from the pictures

Yes. The white is a weird white with some blue in it.

...Dave, I'd like to call kurt this week so we can split the cost of shipping on 2 sets of OME suspensions. Keep me posted. You already know my 2 cents :flipoff2:

You absolutely can :D

Bryce left me a message about this today, your on my list to call in the morning. I've got at least one full kit in stock, I might have enough for two. I've got a stock order of parts coming my way that will likely be enough for a second.

Well, I finally had some time (and sub 100 degree temps) to work on the piggie. I got the turn signals mounted, swapped out the wide tires for some 33's until I can find some 35's, and I also decided to keep it SOA with a proper cut and turn. I ordered Ruff Stuff's front SOA kit and it arrived last week. The parts are stout!

20130707_115114.jpg

Almost forgot, I swapped in new master/slave clutch cylinders and hose.

I started cleaning up the spare front axle in preparation for doing a cut and turn and welding on new spring perches from Ruff Stuff.

ForumRunner_20130713_125632.jpg

ForumRunner_20130713_125646.jpg

ForumRunner_20130713_125632.jpg

ForumRunner_20130713_125646.jpg

Nice!I'm in the same boat.You clocking it 15 degrees as well?:)

I was thinking 12, but have read of people doing 15.

Yes ,I wasn't exactly sure,had mine at 12 then kept reading 14-15,so I did mine @14.The more I clocked it the harder it was to make the RS perch work with the 60 axle and not exceed 31" width.Anyway I will be watching:)

I might just stick with the 12. Kurt at CruiserOutfitters tells me he sets axles up between 8 and 12 degrees. But, I'm going to check the angles on the axle that is on the pig now. It wasn't cut and turned but should give me a good idea on the angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom