Builds Megadoomer Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the well wishes and offers. I knew I could count on this group to want to help. I have a cabin in the mountains rented this week for Peytons spring break. I'm going to relax then talk to Don when I get back. He may have most of what I might need and his proximity is helpful. I will let you all know.

A toast to the Doomer.
Steve won’t be able to resurrect it in three days, but with some help, it’ll some day ride once again!

IMG_3462.jpeg

A toast to the Doomer.
Steve won’t be able to resurrect it in three days, but with some help, it’ll some day ride once again!

View attachment 3596044
That's kinda funny.
After I cleaned it out today I took a dark beer out of the refrigerator that was nearly upside down for 24 hours. It was still running and cooling my my food to 27 degrees. It was a sad beer beer as I gazed at it. It even started raining. So weird.

Those are hard to look at 🙁

I know it’s worst in person but if you just wanted to wheel with it doesn’t look too bad in that pic…🤷🏼‍♂️

IMG_8880.png

I will get some more pics up close later. I also have my mirror camera footage i have been afraid to download.

First of all the roll cage made this story a lot more wholesome. I don't think I would have died but I would have been able to just step out of the windshield frame like I did.

Secondly, I think this is a strange blessing in a way. The body had some rust issues. It was worse than I thought or could see. The PO was definitely an artist with how they sculpted the body lines back in with bondo. When I went to do the roof transplant I might have been opening a can of worms. My reluctance to take the pig out of commission for a long period to do it right would be the demise of it eventually.

This forced frame off resto mod will let me get it right and keep it on the road for as long as I can drive. Plus, Steve is really excited to start the wiring from scratch. I am too.

I am also thinking maybe put in a doubler and link suspension in the rear. Still going to do the poptop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom