What did you do on your 70 series today? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went to the Fall Crawl event last weekend to rep the 70 series. Sadly didn't get allot of pictures or videos. In this one you can hear the rear tires rubbing the rear fender wells.

Went to the Fall Crawl event last weekend to rep the 70 series. Sadly didn't get allot of pictures or videos. In this one you can hear the rear tires rubbing the rear fender wells.

Bravo!

What size feed and return lines are you using? Are you using a restrictor of any sort?

Coming off the air filter, 2.75" down to 2.5". Between the turbine and the throttle body, 2.25". The exhaust down pipe is 2.5" stainless. I'm putting a 2.5" exhaust running to a WRX exhaust. WRX intercooler is going into the front, mounted in the bumper.

Coming off the air filter, 2.75" down to 2.5". Between the turbine and the throttle body, 2.25". The exhaust down pipe is 2.5" stainless. I'm putting a 2.5" exhaust running to a WRX exhaust. WRX intercooler is going into the front, mounted in the bumper.

Sorry. I meant the oil feed and return lines.

Last edited:
Excellent work. I really like seeing a 77 in action. Looked like you maintained good traction on the off camber bit. How'd that section feel by the seat of the pants? Looked planted to the ground

A few sections of the park were fairly washed out and worse than this one and the 77 just amazed me as it hung in and pulled or climbed through. I'm running Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx all terrain tires and they only slip when I'm on the throttle too hard or climbing in mud or lots of leaves. Truck never felt out of control or squirmy and after it proved itself a few times to me last spring at the Lonestar Toyota Jamboree I have considerable confidence in it.

beautiful truck!

Thank you, I really have to thank @SteveJackson and his team for that.

I just steered a bit and the Land Cruiser did the rest.

Sorry. I meant the oil feed and return lines.

Yeah, I guess I was being dense. The oil send and return are supplied in the package, but there's no restrictor. I'll see if I can figure out the sizes when I run out to the truck at lunch today.

Installed the smoked bonnet protector that I got from @wardharris at Cruiser Brothers with my son. Once finished we went out for the best cheeseburgers in the St. Louis metro area.

IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG

Door tray rocks!
Just screw it through the door card?

I have been working on this for a while. Until I get it passed through the inspection, just a quick shot
It was rolled, needed left side front to back, but everything works. The bumper is used, its bent, not the truck.

IMG_1082.JPG

I confirmed my fears that the alternator was dead on arrival. (It was fine when I test drove the car in Japan).

Tore the alternator down and found the rotor windings have a break. Based on the bushing wear it is the original alternator, so it looks like time for a replacement, but i think that I have an idea for an upgrade:

24V Alternator Upgrade

Also learned that you can run for quite awhile without an alternator.

I gutted the interior, gave everything a preliminary cleaning, the drivers side rear quarter panel had 6" of red powdery sand in it. I removed some old unused accessory wiring, the tint from the front windows and the old carpet, then took it for a drive.
IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1519.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom