What did you do on your 70 series today? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

74's looking good Fireball - got a pic from the side with the top off?

C'mon, you know that isn't her pretty side when the top is off :)

bj74 side.jpg

I put a top coat of "epoxy" paint from rattle can. I am having much better paint results since I started using 2-part epoxy primer every time. If I let the top coats harden for a 2 weeks the paint stays on more like factory paint.
Got the winch clutch back together finally after first installing (and removing) the pin when the handle the wrong way round. I drilled all the holes that accept pins to 3/16" diameter; easier to find rod/pin material that is not metric.
Had some strong words with the shop that has had my power steering pump and gear for 5 weeks... when will I get the stuff back?!

Power steering "oil cooler" line.
upload_2016-8-30_15-19-3.png

Fairlead roller holder, winch mount
upload_2016-8-30_15-19-44.png

winch clutch
upload_2016-8-30_15-20-24.png

I refitted the power steering cooler piping. In spite of my precautions, the new paint was marred.

Pic of pipe just before touch up spray paint.
upload_2016-8-31_22-8-49.png

Just wanna say hallo to yo all guys! Was looking for first timer section couldnt find one
Anyways .. I moved from Illinois to Sweden almost 4 years ago , job ,family bla bla bla , anyways got mysefl my dream truck 6 months ago 1987 troopy or bj75 (back in states i was a jeep guy all thou back than toyotas cach my eye)was working on ever seens, got lot of work done would probbly have to start my own build thread
Love what you guys do wit your trucks ,wll try post some pick of mine and workmi done , thanks ,great forum!

In good company waiting for my semi-annual (ITV) safety inspection.

image.jpeg

Decided to dig into her for the first time since she arrived from mainland Japan. Sad to discover the rear fender wells are pretty much toast with rust. Guess the snow from up north did a number. Also have some rust on the floor under the tail lights. There's a light coating of diesel fuel under the fuel tank on the skid plate. Hope I don't have a leaky tank and maybe just an issue with the filler hose. 3rd and most worrisome is the fact that my left hand/passenger floor board floor mat was soaking wet from the rain we've been having. Not even sure where to start looking.
:(

Gemini is right about the leak. I found a bunch of rot when I folded my windscreen down for the first time.

I re-installed my pto drive shaft. Also got the steering box and pump back in.
I've spent a lot of time with taps, dies and chasers cleaning threads on most everything.
upload_2016-9-10_16-40-0.png

upload_2016-9-10_16-40-12.png

upload_2016-9-10_16-40-26.png

I took the steering box out again as one of the flare fittings has mangled threads. Its the internal threads that are buggered. I dont have a tap that size. Thinking about next move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom