What did you do on your 70 series today? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got my powder-coated power steering fluid reservoir back. I put the salvaged label back on.

never used this vendor I only saw a link to them recently on another thread, they make reproduction decals if your salvaged one doesn't hold

Power Steering Reservoir Top Decal

A-34.jpg

hey dude, how are those autotecnica seats? I was thinking about them but couldn't convince them to ship them to me. If they are any good do you have a line on who might ship some to me?

Hi Damien,

My first impression was the material is a bit thin, but seems sturdy. The stitch and fitment is great and tilt mechanism is positive. I have ordered some seat covers that will go over them before I do any KMs. Only time will tell for me although there has been some positive comments on some Facebook groups.
I'll PM you about the other stuff.

Hi Damien,

My first impression was the material is a bit thin, but seems sturdy. The stitch and fitment is great and tilt mechanism is positive. I have ordered some seat covers that will go over them before I do any KMs. Only time will tell for me although there has been some positive comments on some Facebook groups.
I'll PM you about the other stuff.
Cool, thanks mate

Where is the turbo set-up from? What turbo are you using? Very cool.

From Turbo-Glide in Australia. It's a great looking setup and doesn't cover the oil filler cap like some other turbos. $1800 USD after conversion.

Toyota 3B Landcruiser Turbo Kit - Supply & Fit

At the bottom, there's a link for "Kit only" which takes the installation fees off.

Took it for a quick spin with the 'new' 14BT, wow. Can't wait to go out for a longer drive. Still need to get the exhaust done and a few other things prior to that.
P1040879.JPG

Small steps this weekend, welded in the doubler plates behind the T-slots I've cut into the wings of the Kaymar from my BJ74. Need some work with the die-grinder and a hand file to finish them up, but pretty happy with how it has come out. Once I sort out nicer mounting for the trailer plug and somewhere for the 50a anderson connector, then I'll get the whole thing re-powdercoated.
8460456726170391909-account_id=1.jpg

4837199922476474568-account_id=1.jpg

Also extended my exhaust with a downwards swept tip, as the exhaust shop made it very short and finishing underneath the body. Hopefully now I won't keep covering my right rear corner in diesel soot.
2601435307405471363-account_id=1.jpg

More on the turbo, now that it's mounted. Finishing up the exhaust. Decide to put a WRX intercooler and WRX exhaust into it as well, but that's not right away. Gotta get the stainless and figure out how to mount the intercooler in a smart location.

hTkJrjw.jpg

G34cxU4.jpg

NeZqWiZ.jpg

What size feed and return lines are you using? Are you using a restrictor of any sort?

Excellent work. I really like seeing a 77 in action. Looked like you maintained good traction on the off camber bit. How'd that section feel by the seat of the pants? Looked planted to the ground

Got power steering all sorted. I used an aluminum colored paint to spray the steering shaft; I wish I hadn't.
I need to re-install the inner fender well then re-attach all ancillary gizmos like vacuum reservoirs.
upload_2016-9-19_12-18-46.png

upload_2016-9-19_12-18-59.png

Built a storage box for the back. Going to cover it in Grey like the interior and have flaps on the sides to cover the gaps so it looks flush and doesn't immediately give away that it's got a box.

UnoLSqG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom