Battery for a GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHERMAN FJ62

Charlestons' King of Cruisers
Threads
looking to replace my battery on my 04 GX have used the optima batteries on my other cruisers. Optima recommends one of their yellow tops for the truck. I don't have an entertainment system or nav, don't really see the point. You can use the red top on the 4Runner and Tundra. Anyone know why they recommend a yellow top only. Anyone had any issues running a regular optima battery?

Sears die hard platinum. I've had mine for 7 years in 2 vehicles Idaho cold/ hot weather -5 winter 105+ temp in summer. Never left me stranded. Battery is actually made by oddesy but sold by sears.

I know that Optima recently had a major drop in quality, unfortunately. It really doesn't matter too much, I'd go with whatever has the best warranty

20160831_083609.jpg
I have goine with AMG plus batteries, this is a 27F that will fit GX 470 or 460.

I did a diehard plat when I needed one. Been good for me.

Local Sears is out of the AGM battery for my truck so I will have to wait a bit

whats the biggest size that fits?

My Lexus 27F battery has a lot of acid corrosion. The sticker on battery says 08/13 and we are in 03/17, so I'm like 48 months into 84 month warranty. I don't know the specs on the Lexus branded battery 27F.

I'm wondering if it's worth going into Lexus dealer and seeing if there's a pro-rated warranty on this battery. I'm not the original owner

My Lexus 27F battery has a lot of acid corrosion. The sticker on battery says 08/13 and we are in 03/17, so I'm like 48 months into 84 month warranty. I don't know the specs on the Lexus branded battery 27F.

I'm wondering if it's worth going into Lexus dealer and seeing if there's a pro-rated warranty on this battery. I'm not the original owner

My 2013-2014 (I forget) battery was replaced (50% prorated) at Lexus. I paid $74 for a new one - I was not the original owner.

Yep. Warranty usually follows the product not the person in this case. Service warranties don't transfer unless there is paperwork.

Great. I'll give it a try. I need to go into the dealer to inquire about getting a spare key or two

I just ordered an Odyssey Batteries 34R-PC1500T Automotive/Light Truck and Van Battery on Amazon for $253 and will hopefully arrive this weekend. Will let you know how the figment goes. Others have said it works fine and others have used a spacer.

In my 80Series I had a Group 34 Die Hard Platinum that was great!

I have two 35-PC1400s sitting in my basement with my dual battery kit waiting for install. Good choice!

Keep us posted on how it fits. I had the battery terminals replaced, but not the cables. So, I'm still stock with regards to cable length. A friend of mine keeps telling me to get an AGM deep cycle and forgoe the Lexus battery. I think the Odysseys are the AGM.

Yep they are

Keep us posted on how it fits. I had the battery terminals replaced, but not the cables. So, I'm still stock with regards to cable length. A friend of mine keeps telling me to get an AGM deep cycle and forgoe the Lexus battery. I think the Odysseys are the AGM.

Yes it will fit but you will definitely need a new hold down bracket for the narrower battery and either one shorter J hook for the front or search the Odyssey site for the spacer plate. See pics in quote below from my build thread.

Installed my new Odyssey battery (34R PC1500T) this past weekend and it is quite a bit smaller in size dimensions then the stock battery. I couldn't locate the bracket I used on my 80 series when I switched to a Sears Die Hard Platinum that didn't work with the stock bracket. So until I find it or buy the Trail Gear battery cage mount I had to modify with a nylon spacer and a piece of wood.

Here you can see the bracket is too wide for the battery and the front J hook is too long.
View attachment 1421201

So I added a nylon spacer to the J hook and a thin piece of wood in front of the J hook so the top bracket wouldn't be sloppy.
View attachment 1421202

This is just a temporary fix until I find my other bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom