YWST: Low Range T-Case Gear Sets for the 1980-2007 Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like everyone else, I'm keen on these high-range gears since I gotta get into my TC anyway to fix some leaks and noisy bearings. Do you have any intel on the reduction amount? I'll stay tuned for updates. Thanks, as always!

Like everyone else, I'm keen on these high-range gears since I gotta get into my TC anyway to fix some leaks and noisy bearings. Do you have any intel on the reduction amount? I'll stay tuned for updates. Thanks, as always!

Me three. If they were comparable price to the part time gears that do both high and low range reduction, I would order this week. Would be nothing to drop a transfer case over the 4 day and re-gear. Changing out front and rear R&P is a bit more daunting of a task for me !

I'll updated if/when updates become available. Keep in mind we are NOT the manufacture or instigator on these so all I can do is standby for updates from the manufacture and I'm not going to bug them, they know there is demand and they have it on their project pile :D

Sounds good, I already have a set of low range gears but am not in a real big hurry to install them. I figure if I could put both sets in at the same time it may be worth the wait!

Updated gear pricing:
Cruiser Outfitters

3:1 Low Range Gear Reduction Set - Split Case 8/1980-4/1986 4x/6x/7x Series
Fits Split-Cases with 34mm* Idler Shaft. Requires clearancing to case housing. Made in Japan to OE Toyota specifications.
Part# TCG808631 - $1150.00 - IN STOCK

3:1 Low Range Gear Reduction Set- Split Case 4/1986-1/1990 6x/7x Series
Fits Split-Cases with 38mm* Idler Shaft, also fits 1990+ non US 7x/8x split style transfer cases, please call with VIN for verification. Requires clearancing to case housing. Made in Japan to OE Toyota specifications.
Part# TCG869031 - $925.00 - IN STOCK

Well, I know you said 6-12 months min. only 7 months ago, but I’m curious if the Japenese manufacturer for 80/100 high range gear set was at SEMA and if you might have heard anything new?

Well, I know you said 6-12 months min. only 7 months ago, but I’m curious if the Japenese manufacturer for 80/100 high range gear set was at SEMA and if you might have heard anything new?

Sorry, no and no. If and when I get updates I'll be sure to post them.

Updated top post with pricing on the split case 3:1 low range t-case pricing :cool:

Long time bump. The goal was 20% UD. 4.10 to 4.88 is our most popular gear option and our discussions and brainstorming was to aim for that. However the plan seems to have fallen flat for a handful for reasons, my time, their time, cost discussions and the fact 10% (9.7 to be exact) UD are widely available (I need to get those and the 9% (8.8) OD high-range gear on our site :eek:) So, barring any major changes... ~10% OD/UD is going to be the offering for the time being.

I'll get the 80/100 high range 9% OD and 10% UD gear sets on our site asap. We have stock on the OD, I need to look into the UD status when I'm in the shop tomorrow.

More to the story for the 80 Series T-Case Gear Offerings

Gear Chart pic.JPG

Last edited:
Will the 10% UD HR and 3.1 LR work on the 100 series as well? Should, right?

Will the 10% UD HR and 3.1 LR work on the 100 series as well? Should, right?

All models should but I've not confirmed any of the OD/UD HR gears in 100's yet.

Updated original post and our website with these kits:

80/100 High Range 10% Overdrive Gear Set - 8x/100 Series Land Cruisers
Fits 1/1990-1/1998 8x Series/LX450 and 98-07 100 Series Land Cruisers/LX470. Fits factory full-time (HF2A/HF2AV) transfer cases found in US Spec and global market Land Cruisers. These gears offer a 10% overdrive in high range, equivalent to converting axle gears from the 4.10 to 3.70 gears without having to do ring & pinion work.
Part# TCG9007ODHR - $495.00 - IN STOCK

80/100 High Range 10% Underdrive Gear Set - 8x/100 Series Land Cruisers
Fits 1/1990-1/1998 8x Series/LX450 and 98-07 100 Series Land Cruisers/LX470. Fits factory full-time (HF2A/HF2AV) transfer cases found in US Spec and global market Land Cruisers. These gears offer a 10% underdrive in high range, equivalent to converting axle gears from the 4.10 to 4.56 gears without having to do ring & pinion work.
Part# TCG9007UDHR - $495.00 - IN STOCK

Now that this has been out for a short while, is there any real world feedback? How are they holding up? Also, any talk about change in t-case noise level? Any gear whine?

Yeah, we stock that!

80/100 High Range 10% Underdrive Gear Set - 8x/100 Series Land Cruisers
Fits 1/1990-1/1998 8x Series/LX450 and 98-07 100 Series Land Cruisers/LX470. Fits factory full-time (HF2A/HF2AV) transfer cases found in US Spec and global market Land Cruisers. These gears offer a 10% underdrive in high range, equivalent to converting axle gears from the 4.10 to 4.56 gears without having to do ring & pinion work.
Part# TCG9007UDHR - COMING SOON

Kurt curious what the estimated Gearing would be for those of us with the 4.3 diffs in the 100 from 98-02? Somewhere between 4.56 and 4.88 I assume

Last edited:
Kurt curious what the estimated Gearing would be for those of us with the 4.3 diffs in the 100 from 98-02? Somewhere betwen 4.56 and 4.88 I assume

By running the 10% underdrive gears it would feel the same as having 4.73 gears in the axle :cool:

Are those UD gears still in the "coming soon" stage of things or are they available? Thank you @cruiseroutfit !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom