Yoda - 89 Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang! Just stumbled on your build man, Congrats on your new baby and now you have a future assistant. Teach them while young and make it fun for them my son was my sidekick for most of his young life he's 19 now and had to drag him most of the time to help me unless it's his car having an issue. I just finished doing a HG on the 3.slow and just replaced the entire steering system the gear box is pissing out of the shaft and could use a rebuild or a seal. I will be checking your build from now on. :cheers:

Dang! Just stumbled on your build man, Congrats on your new baby and now you have a future assistant. Teach them while young and make it fun for them my son was my sidekick for most of his young life he's 19 now and had to drag him most of the time to help me unless it's his car having an issue. I just finished doing a HG on the 3.slow and just replaced the entire steering system the gear box is pissing out of the shaft and could use a rebuild or a seal. I will be checking your build from now on. :cheers:
Thank you! I was instructed by a few to avoid trying to rebuild the steering box. If you haven’t already, I’d check out Redhead Steering, they’re great!

I have done a few gear box when I was younger and it's no fun not having the proper tools, I will check out Redhead I heard good things about their work. I was also looking into just resealing it if I could get a part from Toyota. If you don't mind sharing what was the total cost of your gearbox?

I have done a few gear box when I was younger and it's no fun not having the proper tools, I will check out Redhead I heard good things about their work. I was also looking into just resealing it if I could get a part from Toyota. If you don't mind sharing what was the total cost of your gearbox?
I’m sure they definitely sell individual seals

Redhead was right at $400. I think the core charge is right at $150 or $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom