Builds Yet another New LC Owner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In the never ending story of my truck we come to this chapter…
Wheels and tires
Went with method racing beadlooks and bfg 37” tires in the km3 flavor
IMG_7035.jpeg

IMG_7024.jpeg

Annoyingly they don’t really appear much bigger than the 35” tires I replaced…but they do look in proportion and initial testing shows no rubbing…

Just added some new oem splash guards…so naturally while I was in there I check on the front end…
Not too bad for a daily driver

IMG_7168.jpeg

Only the good stuff…can’t say I don’t support our vendors

So naturally it’s time to change out the belts…pah! 25 minute job!!!
Of course my adjusters wouldn’t give me the slack needed to slip on the new belts…so while I was “in there” the little alternator pulley from Mr Photoman was mocking me from the garage…so off comes the splash guard, off comes the negative terminal…off comes the power steering reservoir and out comes the alternator…
A good scrub down and blow dry and I remove the old pulley and install the new one…reinstall everything and am now cleaning up…so something that started as an hours work max became an entire morning…hahaha

IMG_8170.jpeg

Fancy damper from Dobinsons via DeltaVS…
Also replaced my destroyed sunroof garnish that @cruisermatt hooked me up with…a quick blast of oak colored paint and in they went…
Slowly chipping away a little tasks that matter only to me…next up will be the steering box frame reinforcing from delta and then mount up the 105 box along with a new rag joint and new coupler…that should close the chapter in steering.
Then comes some interior replacement parts like ac registers and a new cluster lense along with window runs, weather strips and window belts…
Last but not least will be new rotors and pads…simply because they are sitting on garage floor mocking me…
Dollars to donuts I’ll wind up getting body mounts and doing that chore

IMG_8172.jpeg

IMG_8173.jpeg

Well that’s another task done…new skin on the steering wheel…I’m far from Suzy homemaker so forgive the sewing attempt…but for $65 on Instagram I thought it was worth a shot…
Sewing sucks…and I lack the patience to do it

Last chapter regarding steering…
IMG_8675.jpeg
Resized_PART_1697929026199_Resized_20231021_114521.jpeg
IMG_8683.jpeg
IMG_8684.jpeg
Resized_PART_1697929002053_Resized_20231021_095525.jpeg

delta vs frame plates and a fzj105 steering box…coupled with the dobinsons adjustable damper and the marlin crawler drag links with new joints throughout…steering should be behind me.

IMG_9919.jpeg
IMG_9918.jpeg

Parts arrived and parts on order…even managed to install a couple and even take the truck out to the woods…
PC280119.jpeg

IMG_9872.jpeg

IMG_9535.jpeg

Seats from Scheelman on thier way next week along with timbren bump stops…some maintenance parts from cruisermatt…
Gonna be busy this next couple of weekends

Last edited:
IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0127.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg

3 big boxes arrived today from California…courtesy of @TYM4FUN…another chapter to be added to mighty whitey…

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0772.jpeg
IMG_0773.jpeg
IMG_0783.jpeg
IMG_0782.jpeg

Power and solar distribution relocate under the hood
New front grille with turbo badge for incoming install
Mountain hatch tailgate panel to replace carpet
New oem carpet
Rework of in cab electronics and drawer system…

Depo headlights JDM clear corners and 91-94 lower apron alone with led colight fog lamps

IMG_0718.jpeg

Last edited:
Where did you find the grill with the turbo badge? Is the turbo badge 3D printed?
New grille from Toyota…badge is available on eBay by a mud member if memory serves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom