Builds Yet another New LC Owner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

599BBCA9-20A0-48B0-9F46-B52833F71DAE.jpeg

2482C662-3218-4F3C-A319-D119662A4D34.jpeg

kilmat and new vapor barriers courtesy of @deltavs in all four doors today…doors slam shut with an authoritative clunk now…
Don’t know about road noise until tomorrow as I’m drinking a beer ;)

Nice. I've been fairly heavy into my front doors, but haven't touched the rears yet. I may do one more task towards faster windows though, so my new vapor barriers are still safe in the packaging.

D0F2A5BE-5032-43AC-B152-ED603099DF32.jpeg

The trip illustrated the importance of fuel stops. So time to get round to installing the aux fuel tank…little did I know when I bought it that it was from a 100 series…
Was fun sourcing parts thinking it was an 80 series tank…once that was figured out though parts have been trickling in…test fit the tank today and installed rivnuts for the straps.
15 extra gallons will be helpful…

804FAD7A-07BE-413E-9C62-26D034C15EB2.jpeg

Well new cats were bought courtesy of the 25% off deal southern toyota had going on…finall got to install them…wow…what a difference…the truck now pulls like a freight train…the motor and exhaust were all new and I cheaped out in the cats…yeah lesson learned there..25 year old cats just don’t help…new ones rock…very happy
DA9F99B5-0383-47F0-BF5F-ADC9100CB002.jpeg

And in this installment we go to wiring
Went with a garmin powerswitch…thus eliminating a rats nest of wires and relays for lights and land cruiser Phil’s aux fan so far…
I’m invested pretty deep in the garmin ecosystem with thier nav equipment on my bikes,truck and wrist…along with a garmin mini and camera…so while spendy this kinda made sense…
Almost wireless…control accessories via phone with app…control accessories via nav unit

0266282A-0833-4457-AD06-21BE8ABFD1BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Here we go again you say…
Well here’s the latest…
Revamped my sleeping platform/drawer slider system
9738D06C-30D6-43BE-9206-65F9B8977E8F.jpeg

Made
Out of azac board which is a plastic…so no opportunity for rot.
Also soundproofed my OBA compressor space with mass loaded vinyl…much quiter now.

Started to clean up my rats nest of wires and added solar and an inverter

CABFFBE4-9772-4D37-8753-F44FA9664938.jpeg

Then to add the cherry on the top of todays cake I had this delivered

2F0F9DE0-61A4-4D89-88F6-CC69030B1907.jpeg

Thanks to Rick @landtank will pop that in tomorrow after I grease it first.

I'm curious if there are any oem Toyota gas tanks larger than 20 Gallon out there in the world. My '08 Tundra has the 8' bed and still only has a 20 gallon tank. In the old days, a lot of the Ford F250 and up had dual tanks (Or I just knew a lot of people that had dual tanks)

I'm curious if there are any oem Toyota gas tanks larger than 20 Gallon out there in the world. My '08 Tundra has the 8' bed and still only has a 20 gallon tank. In the old days, a lot of the Ford F250 and up had dual tanks (Or I just knew a lot of people that had dual tanks)
LX470 tank is 25.4 gals…

LX470 tank is 25.4 gals…
Isn't 80 series also 25 gallons? I believe it's a bit more than 60 series, which is also over 20 gallons.

Hmm, I'll need to consult my manual. I've never pumped more than 18 Gallons into mine yet. I am running a new fuel gauge sender and pump sock as well.

Hmm, I'll need to consult my manual. I've never pumped more than 18 Gallons into mine yet. I am running a new fuel gauge sender and pump sock as well.
Swap out your carbon cannister under the hood

I'm running the vc120. I had a ton of fuel cap pressure and fuel smell when I first got my truck. None of those issues anymore. New oem fuel filter as well.

I’d be checking the vapor lines then…out tanks hold 25 gallons…empty light comes on after 20 gallons have been consumed typically…

Fudge. I guess I have a good excuse to finally tackle an oem cannister rebuild. I've always hated the way the Autozone one fits.

So…time for some minor updates
Revamped the stereo again…
Now running a kicker amp and Rockford fosgate 6.5 speakers in all 4 doors…used dei foam speaker baffles to protect the speakers…neat thing about the fosgates is the integrated crossover in the mid speaker…also shout out to solve function for thier 3D printed tweeter pod…
Part of a newly inherited role at work requires me to start towning a small trailer so a quick sequence of clicks and a new 2” hitch from slee off road founds it’s way to me. Cutting the crossmembers was a chore…but got it done and mounted up.
Inbound is a new loaded T case and a new rear driveshaft courtesy of cruiser outfitters and Landtank…

IMG_6614.jpeg

IMG_6645.jpeg

IMG_6644.jpeg

IMG_6646.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg
IMG_6766.jpeg

Alright…the stars have aligned…vendors came through
And I’m now the proud owner of a new transfer case and a new longer rear driveshaft courtesy of Cruiser Outfitters and Landtank respectively…
Hopefully I’ll be sliding under the truck this weekend and installing this goodness.
Sumo gears with a high range under drive and a low range 3.1…should put back some pep in the step

Well the transfer case and driveshaft is in and in service….

Couple of installation gotchas…the case is a different casting to the oem case…
It will have minor clearance issues with the floor pan…6 thick washers on the trans crossmember will ensure clearance…
No provision on the case for the NVH damper…so that goes away
Also be sure to swap the breather nipples and the vertical one from the new case will not work due to the above clearance issue…pull the 90 degree one from your old case and replace the short section of breather hose with one that is about 4” longer…

If I had as to do this install again knowing what I know…I would have broke out a router and shaved the part of the case (which looks like a PTO shifter mount) down by 1/4-1/2 “ for clearance

As for driving…2400rpm for 70 mph on 315 tires with stock axle gearing of 4:10…
Moving off the line and keeping up with traffic is far better…
Tiny bit of gear whine which I expect will either go away or I’ll grow used to it…

Wel worth the money and investment of time to install…

Thanks again @landtank And @cruiseroutfit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom