Builds Work In Progress aka: Badass (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am just finishing up a suspension install on a Canadian 60 that lived a pretty hard life (very rusty).
Get a pack of new cut-off wheels for your grinder. I’ve had to cut every bolt and pin. Total PITA.

Have fun! :D
Thanks. I do have a stack of fresh wheels. Obvious tool, angle grinder, that I flaked adding to my list. I also have two very stout black walnut cords (?) that I can use for stands. Was trying out positions this AM and getting feedback if I’m placing them correct. FSM photos kinda suck after being printed from mud. Sprayed down everything again too.

E9273DF7-D6C9-4AFD-8360-F23580CD1B51.jpeg

A pipe wrench works as well instead of channel locks. It also won't hurt your hand trying to hold them closed to grip.
I do have a couple huge old ones of my great grandfathers. Thanks. I was thinking my hand might not be quite big enough to grip the handles once they’re spread.
I appreciate all this preemptive plotting and planning guys!

@cps432 and that’s different from this C clamp because the clamping parts move w/ the part that tightens it?

BE341DE0-6EFE-435F-AC8C-9CA83A251583.jpeg

I used the F clamp because it openes wider and is quicker to adjust than a c clamp. My giant c clamp was bent in a way that prevented me from opening it to its maximum throat clearance. As long as you can get your crank pulley socket in there you should be good to go with the c clamp.

Started the passenger front leaf removal this AM about 9:30. By 11:30 everything was off.
Relieved it was so damn easy. No torch needed.
All by hand. Even the impact wrench wasn’t really needed. This girl, hands down, is so proud of her ability thanks to all you fabulous men all around the USA.

B2845674-7A12-44E2-B9AA-921C9CDCCD26.jpeg

E7FE548E-007B-4BFC-BB49-059EC07E280F.jpeg

F76684FD-EB2F-4AEC-B4E0-B4F2DC2B8353.jpeg

03BFDF78-FFE5-4C3A-A359-EF573DCEA8F4.jpeg

328D4F21-7067-4B8A-939B-63CC75C5AF70.jpeg

Scuffed the outer front frame rail that I could reach w/ a hand wire brush the sprayed it down w/ ospho.
Stopped for the day to run a few errands. Will start that side install tmrw. Thanks for checking in on my progress guys.

E2E8611E-097B-4CCF-94BB-1EFD43902EE2.jpeg

32DB86B8-6C4E-43EB-8C78-70A71B74F316.jpeg

Nice work. Your pre-work spraying stuff down with penetrating fluid paid off. As I looked at the first photo, I thought - great time to throw some paint on the frame...and you’re doing it :)

I’m guessing it had some sort of old lift on it already? Maybe hang on to all of those old bits - you might get a few bucks selling the old stuff to someone with a clunker.

Good job F! Now the fun begins of putting everything back together! She is gonna ride so nice once your all done!

Nice work. Your pre-work spraying stuff down with penetrating fluid paid off. As I looked at the first photo, I thought - great time to throw some paint on the frame...and you’re doing it :)

I’m guessing it had some sort of old lift on it already? Maybe hang on to all of those old bits - you might get a few bucks selling the old stuff to someone with a clunker.
Yeah those old shackles are monsters. I’ll take some pictures tmrw.
Did a little wheeling and dealing today too. Sold the late 80 Ford rims that my 30’s came off then few hours later picked up a nice pair of barely used steel toe work boots w/ part of the money I got for the rims. :)
It was a nice full productive day.

Well I obviously jinxed myself yesterday. Install stinks. Getting that center pin in isn’t fun. Thanks to texting I had some good suggestions tossed to me for using various methods of shifting this or that.
I’m less than a crescent from it slipping in. While I had everything tweaked I slide the U bolts and their hardware on. The threaded end and nut of the pin is centered in the plate at least. I didn’t fully tighten the nuts.
Decided to call it quits when I lost daylight and I had animals all waiting for food. Will tackle it a little tmrw tho I have to work at 3.
What a beast chore incapable of photos due to the fact I was using both hands and a foot for the most part.

It’s in. Staryedat abput 7:30am and it settled in place by 11am. What a pita. Can this be a one and done @TRAIL TAILOR? Ha!

FB8B9A5B-3432-45EC-863E-478E2F606036.jpeg

FBCCD0DB-4BC9-4F5C-9AB4-4B002CC854A2.jpeg

1949D307-2688-4319-8FC9-DDB6AECC5249.jpeg

30BF2636-D04C-48BE-B166-EB5F67C258DD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom