Windshield frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my windshield frame is about rusted apart. Has anyone on here had any experience with this company? Windshield frames are getting pretty hard to find.

I would do whatever it takes to get an OEM Toyota one, used.

Check the guys parting out 40s in the classifieds. Even the older ads. I think there's a guy (@R.K. ) in your part of the country that is parting a couple.

I have a couple of used ones here in Iowa that are serviceable with a little love... have to look but I think a 72 and a 79

shipping probably expensive but PM me if you want to explore

I'm immediately suspicious of someone trying to sell a windshield from that fits from 64 - 84.
I know my '74 and everything earlier had wipers on the top of the windshield, motor inside.
And it was long before '84 that they switched to wipers on the bottom, motor mounted on the outside. (The pictures look like a windshield for one of these.)

I'm immediately suspicious of someone trying to sell a windshield from that fits from 64 - 84.
I know my '74 and everything earlier had wipers on the top of the windshield, motor inside.
And it was long before '84 that they switched to wipers on the bottom, motor mounted on the outside. (The pictures look like a windshield for one of these.)

FWIW, fits and 'correct for the year' are two different things. I have a late '79 windshield on my '72 FJ40 because I prefer the wipers on the bottom.

FWIW, fits and 'correct for the year' are two different things. I have a late '79 windshield on my '72 FJ40 because I prefer the wipers on the bottom.
While I have always kinda assumed that I can probably put a later year windshield frame on my FJ40, I would not be happy about getting one that is sold as fitting a '74 and then required me to also replace entire wiper motor, mechanics and arms and get a cover for the motor.

Though, apparently, reading some other posts from owners who have wiper motors that failed, and are unable to find replacements, I guess this could be an option....

Im pretty sure the glass size on early w/s frames with the wipers on top is different than the glass with wipers on the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom