Windrock this weekend. Come join us! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For future reference there is a very good BBQ restaurant (Brays) on the edge of Oliver Springs. We normally have them cater our 70 Series Meet & Greet in the Fall.

For future reference there is a very good BBQ restaurant (Brays) on the edge of Oliver Springs. We normally have them cater our 70 Series Meet & Greet in the Fall.

We all have different tastes and assessments of what is good.
Melissa and I had lunch there a few years back ... We have never returned. lol

We all have different tastes and assessments of what is good.
Melissa and I had lunch there a few years back ... We have never returned. lol
I don’t like english peas, some folks do. 😊

Sorry I'm a little late on the trip report. Scott will back be up on this, it was one of the best wheeling days I have ever had. Big thanks to @Bama4door and all the Dixieland cruisers for allowing us to crash their party. Great bunch of folks and Cole did a great job as trail boss. This was the first time I've ever wheeled in snow/ice and it was just amazing. The snow was a total surprise, we didn't expect it from the weather forecast, and it made for just an incredibly beautiful day. LOTS of mud/bogs with snow and ice (snogs?) and also the first time I've ever taken my truck down a luge run. That downhill ice chute was a real gut check, but we all made it with minimal damage.

Back at the cabin Saturday evening and Steven had cooked up some chili, I am totally stealing his recipe. It was awesome.

That trip made me love the 80 even more, just monstered up everything that Windrock had, made it all look easy. And @JJBiggs the Terrapods did great. Two nights, totally warm and dry inside. I think there were a few guys who were really interested in them.

Enough chat, here's a few pics.

IMG_8316.jpeg
IMG_8319.jpeg
IMG_8321.jpeg
IMG_8322.jpeg
IMG_8330.jpeg

Sorry I'm a little late on the trip report. Scott will back be up on this, it was one of the best wheeling days I have ever had. Big thanks to @Bama4door and all the Dixieland cruisers for allowing us to crash their party. Great bunch of folks and Cole did a great job as trail boss. This was the first time I've ever wheeled in snow/ice and it was just amazing. The snow was a total surprise, we didn't expect it from the weather forecast, and it made for just an incredibly beautiful day. LOTS of mud/bogs with snow and ice (snogs?) and also the first time I've ever taken my truck down a luge run. That downhill ice chute was a real gut check, but we all made it with minimal damage.

Back at the cabin Saturday evening and Steven had cooked up some chili, I am totally stealing his recipe. It was awesome.

That trip made me love the 80 even more, just monstered up everything that Windrock had, made it all look easy. And @JJBiggs the Terrapods did great. Two nights, totally warm and dry inside. I think there were a few guys who were really interested in them.

Enough chat, here's a few pics.

View attachment 2559594View attachment 2559595View attachment 2559596View attachment 2559597View attachment 2559598

What trails did you run? The scenery in many of the pictures look familiar, but dis-similar enough with the snow that I can't place them.
Thanks

What trails did you run? The scenery in many of the pictures look familiar, but dis-similar enough with the snow that I can't place them.
Thanks
Lol I have absolutely no idea. Never been there before this and I didn’t have a map. I’ll have to defer to others on the actual trails but I did get a Gaia track of the entire day.
91B6B1EC-F3C5-481A-8233-62122002915B.png

Good to meet you Mark @8cam and Smitty @smittycrusher! Glad you guys were able to join us, we had a great group this year.

I agree the snow wheeling was epic! Both of your 80s were super nice. Mark, that turbo coming up the muddy hill climbs sounded badass.

Lol I have absolutely no idea. Never been there before this and I didn’t have a map. I’ll have to defer to others on the actual trails but I did get a Gaia track of the entire day.
View attachment 2559829
We ended up running 36 - 27 - 26 - 4. Trail 4 turned into an ice luge at the end of the day and was super sketchy to get down the last hill, but everyone did great and handled it well.

In the pic above you can see Dan's taillights reflecting on ice. We were all going about 2mph through there. That down hill was tense.

same here! When’s the next windrock trip?
We had a couple of 200s as well. You would have fit right in!

Smitty

View attachment 2559829
What app is that?

Gaia. You can download it from the app store, I really like it for tracking. It's not really a trail finder, but tracking definitely.
I have it. Just never used it. I just was noting some of the detailed bench marks I had looked for previously and not found elsewhere. I guess I will need to try to use it sometime. :beer:

I have it. Just never used it. I just was noting some of the detailed bench marks I had looked for previously and not found elsewhere. I guess I will need to try to use it sometime. :beer:
Chris, check this thread for some pointers. I like using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom