Winch for ARB Deluxe Bullbar??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to purchase an ARB Deluxe Bullbar 3412130 for my '96 Troopy this Black Friday. Now the question is, what winch will be compatible with that bumper?

I called ARB USA, but they don't seem to know much. Has anyone had experience fitting a Zeon or VR Series 12S on this bumper? Or do you have any general recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

vividracing stated on their website:
  • Warn Winch M12000, xD9000, M8274, M8000
Does anyone know if these are the only Warn winch models that are compatible?

Does it fit on the deluxe? It used to be the 8274 wouldn’t fit on the deluxe and only the commercial, but it’s possible that’s not the case anymore
Certainly fits on mine. You'll need an offset fairlead though if you run synthetic.

72109297545__D6ED6B12-E499-4819-BD62-AA759CA69BFE.jpeg

IMG_5779.jpeg

IMG_5776.jpeg

I agree, 8274 for the win.👍🎯👍

IMG_8235.png

IMG_8237.png

IMG_8239.png

IMG_8240.png

Can anyone knowledge me what makes 8274 so good,, aside from its old-school design?
Super fast, pulls well beyond it's advertised limit (especially with the upgraded motor), carries a TON of cable/rope, and makes that sweet sweet clicking sound when spooling

Any links to a Black Friday sale?
The best sale on an 8274 is to find one used for 500 bucks and spend a grand rebuilding it.

New ones are 3k+

Good point, @Fireselector, are you looking for a 12v or 24v winch? Not too many 24v choices. However, a lot of the Warn winches can be converted to 24v but the motor is several hundred dollars. Some people just run 12v winch on 24v!

8274 is a very nice, nostalgic winch. Coming up on 50 years since introduction now. (74 stands for 1974). I would've chosen one too but the profile/package was too large for my build.

Good point, @Fireselector, are you looking for a 12v or 24v winch? Not too many 24v choices. However, a lot of the Warn winches can be converted to 24v but the motor is several hundred dollars. Some people just run 12v winch on 24v!

8274 is a very nice, nostalgic winch. Coming up on 50 years since introduction now. (74 stands for 1974). I would've chosen one too but the profile/package was too large for my build.
The good thing is my car runs on 12v.

I like 8274, but, as you mentioned, I'm not a big fan of its large profile. I prefer something low that I can hide inside the bumper.

Divergent opinion, here:

8274s are okay; they're a quality unit from a good brand, but I don't find much special about them, personally. They have a good line speed, but I'm not running competitions so I don't really need it...and yeah, they carry a ton of line, but I don't want tons of line on my drum: every successive layer works against my pulling power, so I'd much prefer to short-line my winch and just rig an extension on the rare occasions that I need to go more than a few feet. And yes, 8274s have gobs of power, but I don't run a heavy rig or intentionally put myself into lots of mire resistance...so the only thing that pulling power does for me is make up for having three or four layers of rope on the drum. My biggest objection, though, is the sheer weight; they're chunky...and I don't want all that extra weight on the nose, if I can avoid it.

Let's not turn this thread into an 8274 debate, shall we? lol

I understand it's a great winch. I just prefer not to have a chunky winch in front of the grill.

So, what else do you guys recommend or currently have running on your rig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom