Winch for ARB Deluxe Bullbar??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, what else do you guys recommend or currently have running on your rig?

An M8000 with a TRE or Viking line and a proper safety thimble has always been good to me. It's a light, simple, proven combination, and a good choice for a rig in the 4-5K weight range...and if I need more pulling power I can always rig a snatch. The 9-10K winches are also just fine, albeit usually a little heavier capacity than I've needed...but I've also been running lighter rigs until now. My 73 is winchless at current, but a Sherpa 9500 is slated for the front end; decent track record, 24-volt and no heavier than it needs to be. I'll probably throw a 50' TRE line and thimble on that, and likely a TRE hawse as well because they actually have correct radii for the line diameter. No reason to make it more complicated.

I believe @prwillard2 and @Guyute have the deluxe bar
I could be wrong, I was actually thinking of the fat tube deluxe bar. I really like those but last I checked they were only available for flared rigs.

70Series3.jpg

Let's not turn this thread into an 8274 debate, shall we? lol

I understand it's a great winch. I just prefer not to have a chunky winch in front of the grill.

So, what else do you guys recommend or currently have running on your rig?
Well, if you can fit an 8274 in the bumper, you can fit most sub 12k winches. Just have to compare dimensions. So that really opens up your choices especially since 12v. I do favor Warn and ComeUp. But Runva Sherpa is on my radar for low priced winches.

Last edited:
sherpas great too

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant Sherpa. But both Sherpa and Runva offer 24v winches.

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant Sherpa. But both Sherpa and Runva offer 24v winches.

I like the fact that the Sherpa offerings are of lighter weight than others; their 9500 is even lighter than the older Warn 9,000-lb. offerings. I think the 9.5XP-s is something like 70-ish pounds, now, and you can trim the older XD9000i down to sub-60 pounds on the bumper, but it takes a lot of work. Sherpa advertises 42 lbs...and to be honest, I don't know how that's even possible, but it's incredibly tempting. It may be a dry weight with nothing but the rope; no thimble, contactor, cables, mounting hardware, fairlead, etc. I'm very, very interested in getting my hands on one and popping a few covers loose to see how well they're made; it's one of those situations where I've heard about them, seen them and even been around one or two that were under load...but I've never taken one apart to see the inner bits. I'm genuinely curious about how they trimmed the weight that much; my best guesses are that they went to lighter casings like some of the comp winches use, and maybe the planetary is lighter because of the steep gearing; I'm not sure how they can lighten up the motor or drum or frame...but there's basically nothing but a motor, drum and gearbox attached to that frame, so maybe that's it.

All those photos appear to be the commercial bar. My investigation concluded that the deluxe bar does not fit an upright
Mine is the ARB deluxe bar.

Sku# 3412130

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom