While trying to rid the P0401 CEL...I learned I am dumb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moreover. Even if you have that passage was plugged up it would never under any circumstances cause P401 only P402.

I got $5 that the super glue only bonds the second drill bit to the tube and NLXTACY also ends up bonding skin in the process. I'd really consider what Raventai and alia176 said before I start with bonding agents. :D

I got $5 that the super glue only bonds the second drill bit to the tube and NLXTACY also ends up bonding skin in the process. I'd really consider what Raventai and alia176 said before I start with bonding agents. :D

Like I said, I am dumb. My luck I would wind up super glueing my hand to my pants zipper. Hard to explain that to your 10 year old son...again. :(

I will definitely be going with RAVENTAI/ALIA176's suggest first. Hopefully its a 5 second fix and then I will then learn to be less dumb. :hillbilly:

As far as the code. yeah I just wanted to cover all my bases with the easy stuff first. :meh:

Don't worry man, I've done stupider things, on my John Deere Tractor, a cottar pin fell into the dipstick hole, long story..

Don't worry. With a little bit of MacGuyver, you can fix it. Just make a super strong magnet and fish it out. I have a extendable magnet just for this reason, its not super strong, but I could make it strong. I'm sure you can buy them that way too. As once you get the bit close enough, you can just magnetize it to the wall with another magnet and then slowly fish it out. You'll get it man, don't worry.

Just turn the truck upside down and shake it.

I just peed my shorts:lol:

........but seriously, I wonder if that drill bit down there might get him some more MPGs? :hmm:

a cottar pin fell into the dipstick hole, long story...

Such a tired p0rn plotline.

Don't worry. With a little bit of MacGuyver, you can fix it. Just make a super strong magnet and fish it out. I have a extendable magnet just for this reason, its not super strong, but I could make it strong. I'm sure you can buy them that way too. As once you get the bit close enough, you can just magnetize it to the wall with another magnet and then slowly fish it out. You'll get it man, don't worry.

Well magnet wont work. The tube is 1/8". No magnet is getting there. I'm sure it will work out.

You get it out yet, seems like something I would do:p

Trade Secret:

Per McPherson College Automotive Restoration Technology MC Technology | Facilities guru: oldtimers' solution to losing X (part) in the transmission was to turn the Model T over, usually in a ditch.

And no, I'm not that old, but I did ride in a rumble seat with Alex Haley once.

bunch little school girls out here, we all need closure damn it :D

Haaha! If my :princess: didn't leave for work so early this morning I could have had something to report.

So tonight. And this time I won't fall asleep early :flipoff2:

BUT as of right now there is STILL no noticeable difference in the way it drives or sounds WITH the drill bit plugging the holes. Also, that tube, the EGR, the modulator and the hoses are all totally spotless. Perhaps its the VSV that is borked. Maybe thats what is keeping everything else so sparkly clean :D

Just decide to leave the drill bit in the intake?

Oh shoot, totally forgot about this thread. Yeah you know I DID decide to just leave it there. It's not going anywhere and I dont want to take apart half the intake just to get it out. Besides its not affecting the driveability at all. So screw it. It stays.

Unfortunate but hilarious... thanks for the laugh ;)

fwiw, I used a hex shank drill bit to prevent said mishap... like this one

WET
hex shank.jpg

WILEE, like I wrote in the title, "I learned I am dumb". I am happy to serve as the example of what NOT to do.

X2.:meh:

Speaking for myself and probably anyone here who has had a history with wrenches: Cheers, that sucks, and if I were there, I would by a beer.

I am working on cleaning out this tube right now...what a pain. Is there any reason why I cannot just re-route a longer vaccum tube? I am totally blocked solid, and have been working and soaking this thing for a few hours now. Ugh.

Is the drill bit not working for you?
-B-

DONT use drill, don't be dumb :p

Using a very thin awl will work much better for you. Mine happens to be perfectly clean but my buddie's was clogged as well. We used a thin awl and it worked with some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom