While trying to rid the P0401 CEL...I learned I am dumb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, got it with the drill bit. 1/16" with the hex top (so it doesn't get lost). The longest one I could find was not long enough to get it from the top, but with extreme dexterity you can get it from the bottom.

Onward and upward, P0401 beware.

I was starting to doubt that tube was straight (as clogged as mine was) until I saw this thread. For removing the rubber tube below, I found it easier to remove the EGR valve and pull on the tube from the US passenger side. A little carb cleaner and poking with a small allen wrench in the metal tube cleaned it out. With the right angle on one side of the allen, it won't get stuck inside.

Dont make me start thinking about THIS thing again. I was hoping the drill bit would majically just disappear if I forgot about it :(

YES!!!! ITS STILL THERE!!!

BPASSMORE was just asking me about it. After some time and general hindsight, I can still stand by my original posting, "I am dumb".

:flipoff2:

BTW, right now I think its laziness over anything else :p

I agree with those that said NOT to use superglue. You will most likely get it stuck to the hole in the manifold, not the drill bit, causing bigger problems. Borrow your neighbors shop vac. That should do it.

:D

thanks Joey! - as for mine - i have the 0401 as well now. I was running the rig kinda hard last night (3.5k-4.5k rpm range) and this popped up.
I think i had a little too much load /RPM. I will see if it clears it self after a few cycles.

Thanks team.

just get a long (2.5" or 3" or so, 15 Gauge) finishing nail and poke it on through to the other side. You will have to remove a vacuum hose on the other side but not that big of a deal. You may have to tap it a little.

or you could just leave it there.

Yeah I tried the other side thing, there is no other side. Its being blocked by "stuff".

Again, being lazy :p

the other side is accessible, you need to remove the intake brace (if installed) and stick your hand in, requires some finger contortion but it is do-able.

the other side is accessible, you need to remove the intake brace (if installed) and stick your hand in, requires some finger contortion but it is do-able.

Well I guess I need to have my wife do it because my hand is just not getting in there.

:rolleyes: boy, how many times have I said THAT during my marriage? :grinpimp:

Well seeing others make the type of dumb mistakes I make really does make me feel better! Especially coming from a mud member I've grown to respect! I'd just say screw it and leave the thing in there to, as long as its not going anywhere its no real worry...thanks for the entertainment, and good luck if you keep trying to fish it out!

Especially coming from a mud member I've grown to respect!

You poor poor misguided person.
shake.gif

Hahaha, I just saw that. :p
Yeah, I dunno if I am the right person to cast respect onto. I am just like the little kid who has too much time who takes the Rube Goldberg method to solve simple issues :D

I have to revive this because WET linked it into another thread...tell me...PLEASE that this is now removed!? :popcorn:

I have to revive this because WET linked it into another thread...tell me...PLEASE that this is now removed!? :popcorn:

Why did you bring up what he had tried so hard to forget? (just kidding...)

DAMN YOU!!!!!

DAMN YOU for rekindling this thread. Now I can't get it out of my head. Going down stairs now and going to dick around with RAVENTAI's suggestion. Wish me luck! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom