Where’s Your 60 From? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought my '84 FJ60 new at Toyota West, Las Vegas, NV. Registered in New Mexico but currently resides NW of Las Vegas. I believe my '86 FJ60, which I bought from the original owner in Las Vegas, is also from one of the dealers in Las Vegas, but don't know which one. My '71 FJ40 has an American Toyota sticker on the back lift gate, but it must have been sold there as a used vehicle at one time becuase I don't think American Toyota was in existence back in the early '70s. Maybe @beno knows when the dealership opened. I really don't know the origins of my '76 FJ40.

Last edited:
1987 FJ60

Tom Lyons Toyota
Boulder, Co.

Still in Colorado when I bought it

1991 FJ80, from Scott Crump Toyota in Jasper, AL. I believe it was John Crump back then. Made its way back to AL after a brief stent in Florida.

Another 60 from Julian Garcia's Toyota City in Albuquerque. I still keep my manual, registration, and insurance in the pouch.

0108181759.jpg

0108181800.jpg

My Dad bought my FJ60 at Toyota South in Duncanville, TX. Not even sure if the dealership still exists. Imported through Gulf States Toyota of course.

Just looked up the old address for the dealer. Been dead for a while now it appears. :(

63AE1129-2BBF-4CE4-9253-DF9C77E90D2D.png

Miller Toyota, Manassas, VA. Was told it was the last '90 on a dealer lot in Virginia, when I bought it from them. There was a 91 already on the lot, I debated for a minute, and said, nah, too nice an interior, I'll take the 62. Never looked back.

Miller Toyota, Manassas, VA. Was told it was the last '90 on a dealer lot in Virginia, when I bought it from them. There was a 91 already on the lot, I debated for a minute, and said, nah, too nice an interior, I'll take the 62. Never looked back.
Similar story, we were trying to decide between the new mustard yellow '83 FJ40 and the new beige '84 FJ60. With two young sons and hopes (realized :)) for many family camping adventures, we bought the FJ60. Still have it.

Similar story, we were trying to decide between the new mustard yellow '83 FJ40 and the new beige '84 FJ60. With two young sons and hopes (realized :)) for many family camping adventures, we bought the FJ60. Still have it.

Good call for the family circumstances but a 1983 Mustard Yellow FJ40....

Well I honestly don't know which dealerships mine are from, none of them have badges. I do know what states they were originally purchased in. You got me to thinking though and now I have to do some digging.

1990 FJ62 purchased by the original owner at Martin Toyota in Colonial Heights, VA, just south of Richmond. He owned it for 27 years then sold it to the PO in Richmond who owned it for 3 years. Now she’s with me in Richmond. This baby has lived in a 20 mile radius for the last 30 years.

5A0AA711-449A-47EB-BBFA-ADBC40A88873.jpeg
6C3EF6EE-D1D1-4319-8925-C448E58FA29F.jpeg

Mine was bought in Austin TX. Moved to Minnesota for a few years, then to Park City UT for a few more. I spied it with a For Sale sign in front of Moab 4x4 Outpost. My step son was looking for a car. He turned up his nose at the 60, so I bought it for myself. He regrets it but I don't. After a few disposable cars, he bought a 4Runner. He learned something 😉.

Stevinson Toyota of Lakewood Co, looks they’re still there. As far as I know, this cruiser stayed in Co for most/all of its life, still is as of now. Funny how many Colorado tags there are in this thread.

yes, I know the tailgates trashed, dont remind me
01D3B0D8-6293-435E-B11B-9C14F8C65C4E.jpeg

Stevinson Toyota of Lakewood Co, looks they’re still there. As far as I know, this cruiser stayed in Co for most/all of its life, still is as of now. Funny how many Colorado tags there are in this thread.

yes, I know the tailgates trashed, dont remind meView attachment 2523859
I’m new to the LC community but understandably it seems like CA, CO, NM, AZ, etc. (dry, minimal snow/salt climate) have the most representation/survivors here.

I’m new to the LC community but understandably it seems like CA, CO, NM, AZ, etc. (dry, minimal snow/salt climate) have the most representation/survivors here.
Up in the mountains of northern New Mexico they salt the roads heavily in the winter, that's why my '84 FJ60 (sold recently) has rust issues.

japan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom