Where to Buy a full set of 74 Radiator Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I noticed CCOT no longer sells their full sets of radiator hoses. I'm looking to get a full set for my 74 FJ.

Any recommendations on where to pickup a full set?

Thanks,

John

Toyota :idea:

I'd rather not deal with my dealer, they charge and arm and leg, anyone have any hookups with a dealer? don't mind giving my business to a good source.

I've found them at my local Car Quest parts store. But that's been a while

My local Napa says I can have them in 30 minutes

I'd rather not deal with my dealer, they charge and arm and leg, anyone have any hookups with a dealer? don't mind giving my business to a good source.
I've had "ok" luck with Dublin Toyota near the 680/580 split, but you have always ask if the price is the best they can do. BTW, my son can get them out to RC (Mon-fri) if need be. "Ok" referring to stealership pricing.

Last edited:
I've had "ok" luck with Dublin Toyota near the 680/580 split, but you have always ask if the price is the best they can do. BTW, my son can get them out to RC (Mon-fri) if need be. "Ok" referring to stealership pricing.
ahh, ok good to know. I may just try cruiser corps online too just to be safe they have the right fit. Wait, what's RC?

Thanks!

John

Toyota has made it outrageously easy to procure yourself online at a great price. Parts.Toyota.com lists all dealers that have an online presence and if you shop around you can quickly find the best price. Be prepared with part numbers, if not, do research for your truck, with the amount of online parts fiches - it’s a quick find. If you aren’t keen on doing the legwork - you’re stuck paying higher prices from 3rd party vendors.

I just did the cooling system on my '69. new hoses, clamps, radiator, waterpump, etc. I hunted around and decided on the complete hose and clamp kit SOR sells. It was easy, complete and good quality.

I just did the cooling system on my '69. new hoses, clamps, radiator, waterpump, etc. I hunted around and decided on the complete hose and clamp kit SOR sells. It was easy, complete and good quality.

omg yes.. thank you!!! this is just what I was looking for.

Two words- Rock Auto

i got a set in May for my 74

Having bought and run both Gates and OEM hoses for my radiators in the past, there are a couple of big advantages to the OEM hoses. One is that you won't have to trim any of the lengths to fit, which is an issue with many of the aftermarket hoses, especially for the water pump to heater coupling lower hose. The other advantage is that the OEM hoses have considerably thicker walls, like almost double the thickness in some cases! I'm still a fan of Gates products as they are easy to get and of decent quality, but I will search out OEM radiator hoses in the future for the above reasons. It's worth the price difference in my opinion.

FWIW, here are the 4 radiator hoses for my '77 FJ40:
16571-61040 - Radiator inlet (upper hose - 8/76 to 1/79 )
90460-49062 - Inlet hose clamps ID=49 (X2) (12/69 to 1/79)

16571-61050 - Radiator outlet (lower, radiator side hose - 8/76 to 7/80)
190916-01056 - Radiator outlet (lower, pump side hose - 3/69 to 7/80)
90460-58013 - Outlet hose clamps ID=58 (X3) (3/69 to 1/79)
96111-10500 - Outlet hose clamp ID=50 (X1) (3/69 to 1/79)

16261-60011 - Water pump by-pass (3/69 to 7/80)
96112-10330 - by-pass hose clamps (X2) (3/71 to 7/80)

Here there all are:
1630030406867.png

And this goes between the two radiator outlet hoses.

1630030621563.png

Last edited:
Did those come with the double wire clamps?

Side tangent, but my '76 had a threaded fitting on that heater pipe. Did that change for '77, or did they just supercede that part later to be simpler?
Radiator Pipe part number 16577-61040 is for 1/75 thru 7/80. If yours has a threaded fitting, it is probably part number 16577-60100 for 3/69 thru 1/75 FJ40's. I would think they are interchangeable, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom